Friday, August 19, 2016

Soft and Chewy ginger cookies

Soft and Chewy ginger cookies -

Ok, I'm finally out of my food coma and ready to bring on holiday sweets . This really is my favorite time of year and nothing makes me happier than to distribute sweets to friends and family. As cooking blogger, it is actually perfect, as I will not fight to give my bread products until the new year. I fully stocked on pretty boxes and bags that are extra treats look quite festive too.

ginger

I like spicy ginger cookies, but I am not so much in the hard texture of a traditional ginger snap, so these were perfect for me. The edges are sharp and the insides are soft and sweet. I added candied ginger pieces that add little burst of spicy ginger flavor with every bite. The dough comes together in no time and cook quickly. I choose to cook
a dozen of these and refrigerate remaining dough into pre-drilled portions, making it easy as pie to cook a company at any time just a few more.

on a side note, thank you all very much for the sweet comments on the wedding photo post! I put a lot of love and hard work in planning every detail of that day, to hear all your kindness made my day! I'll go back and give some information about the suppliers and other things to answer your questions. :)

Print
Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
Ingredients
  • 2¼ cups all purpose
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • [cloves
  • ½ teaspoon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup softened butter (1½ sticks)
  • [sucreblanc
  • ½ cup
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 water tablespoon
  • ¼ cup molasses
  • ½ cup candied ginger * chopped.
  • 2 tablespoons raw sugar for the material (white sugar also works)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Put aside.
  3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat the egg and mix in water and molasses.
  4. Gradually mix the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Stir in candied ginger.
  5. Chill dough for 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
  6. Shape dough into balls the size of 1 inch, and roll in raw sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment or a plate lined silpat biscuits, and flatten slightly.
  7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Notes
* ginger can be found at basic groceries, but if you can 't find it - I made from scratch here.

Advertiser