Sunday, August 21, 2016

(Milk Bar Monday) Peanut Butter Cookies

(Milk Bar Monday) Peanut Butter Cookies -

Momofuku Milk Bar Peanut Butter Cookies

We're back! Yes- after a few months hiatus, the ladies of Milk Bar Monday (well some of us) are here again with another recipe book wonderfully complex Christina Tosi Momofuku Milk Bar. I'm so happy to rekindle my love / hate relationship with these recipes layered and delicious results.

Today, we wanted to start on the simple side with cookies with peanut butter. I'm dying to do another Milk Bar cookie recipe now that I have my drummer and could control the 10 minutes creaming process. Well do you know that it is a cookie recipe that does not require? Ha. Oh well I enjoyed using my nice new mixer. I am also looking forward to try to make the cookies MB using bread flour, a trick that Tosi mentioned in the book, but I seem to have forgotten. Cassie said it has made a huge difference in the texture of cookies, and since mine were always a little too thin and crisp, I was anxious to see if I noticed a change.

I must say that they are my cookies MBM most successful to date. I do not know if it is flour or bread that I weighed my ingredients instead of measuring volume, but I think ultimately, I made a cookie that has the texture Tosi destiny.

I did not expect to find a race peanut butter biscuits factory in his collection of recipes and I was right. This involves first making peanut brittle, grinding down, and mix it into the dough. The end result is little bit features candy caramel-like dotting the cookie by adding an extra touch of flavor. Andy does not eat nuts, so I'm stuck with most of them for me, but I do not mind!

You can find the full recipe on the website of Jaqueline. Also do not forget to check out the creations of other girls MBM!

Cassie- Bake Your Day
Erin- Big Fat Baker

Advertiser