Friday, August 12, 2016

Toasted Coconut Cream Pie Caramel

Toasted Coconut Cream Pie Caramel -

caramelcoconut2

This is the last day of Pius week and I saved the richest, most decadent pie for last! (We also have a wonderful gift KitchenAid today to keep reading for that!) This tart is an example of times when I imagine a recipe in my mind and decide I'm going to do and it'll be great before I really have no idea how I'll remove it. I knew I wanted the grilled crispy coconut (my favorite) salted caramel sauce and a flaky crust pie somehow hold together. I worked with a few different recipes that I found and did something that is really to die.

coconutcaramel

The pastry case is filled with a layer of sauce caramel, followed by vanilla pudding with good amount of mixed toasted coconut, giving a lot of flavor and pieces casual crispy. Next is a part (a) sweet cream, coconut and more caramel net. I think that a few bites of heaven in a slice. I make 3 or 4 pie this Thanksgiving and I keep changing my mind I do every new pie. How do you decide what to do? I feel like without traditional pumpkin and apple of my family may be a little disappointed. I really want them trying Cranberry Blueberry Pie I posted Wednesday because I'm a little obsessed with it ... and then? I think this must be it. My father's love sweets but it is like coconut so I have a lot right? Decisions decisions ...

caramelcoconut

I love this pie because part of the crust and pudding can be completely prepared a day or two advance and just sitting in the refrigerator until Thanksgiving. I love my whipped cream with fresh water so I plan to smooth that over and sprinkle toppings we get loans desserts. I can not believe all the amazing pies I saw that week I hope you also completely inspired I am. Monday I plan to share my dearest family heritage recipe for the famous joke of my great grandmother. It should then come back form die for!

Print
Toasted Coconut Caramel Cream Pie
Ingredients
  • ½ pie recipe (1 sheet)
  • caramel sauce
  • ¾ cup
For the pudding:
  • 2¼ cups whole milk
  • ⅔ cup sugar
  • 3 egg yolks
  • ¼ cup cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla coffee
  • 1¾ nut cups toasted coconut *
  • 1 tablespoon butter
for the filling:
  • 1 cup whipping cream heavy
Instructions
for the crust:
  1. Roll the crust on a circle 12 inches and draped over a 9-inch pie plate. TRIM / Crimp edges and prick inside the dough with a fork. Let cool for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 375F. Line chilled pie shell with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove the foil / weight pie and cook for 15 minutes or until the crust is a beautiful golden amber color. (You do not want the crust soggy with this pie!)
  4. Set aside cooked crust while you prep the filling
For the filling :.
  1. Mix 2 cups of milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix and heat to boiling.
  2. Whisk egg yolks and slowly pour about half the milk mixture into it with one hand while whipping with the other until combined. Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the remaining milk.
  3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup of milk with the cornstarch until thick and combined consistency. Pour in milk mixture and turn the heat up to medium. Whisk constantly until thick and bubbling like lava.
  4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, 1 ½ cup coconut and butter.
  5. Spread ½ cup caramel sauce into the baked crust and top with pudding. Cool completely and refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve.
  6. Whip the cream and spoon it over the cooled pie. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of toasted coconut and remaining caramel sauce.
Notes
* To toast coconut, spread in an even layer on a sheet of paper aluminum and bake at 350 cookies for about 10-15 minutes, checking often and stirring with a spatula if necessary.

Recipe adapted from The Food Network

If you're familiar with my favorite pie recipe I refers to all the time, you know that my preferred method is to make my crust in a food processor. It is incredibly easy, especially when I have a few lots to do both. Fortunately for you all KitchenAid is giving away their fabulous 13 qt. food processor today! I have the same love it- and see the widget below for details giveaway!

Find out what other ladies have created Pie Week!

Decorated Chocolate Pecan Pie Bites- Nutmeg Nanny

Chocolate S'mores hand Pies- and Carrots

Pumpkin Pie-Coconut Dessert for Two

Chocolate Pudding Pie-Eats well with others

Cranberry Apple Pie-Keep it Sweet Desserts

Caramel Chess Tart- Bake or Break

Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Culinary Adventures chocolate Almond bark Tracey

white chocolate Peppermint cream Pie-Dinner dishes and Desserts

smoked salmon and spinach Quiche- Country Cleaver

Confections Ice cream Apple Pie Carla

Triple Fruit Pie-Slab Foodie with the family

pie week banner

Advertiser