Saturday, August 13, 2016

Buttermilk Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Frosting

Buttermilk Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Frosting -

pumpkincake3
You guys, I'm all moved into my new place and I could not love him more. It is so different from where I lived the last 7+ years and the new energy feels so amazing. I can not really imagine a baby here and I'm right on the nesting mode. You can expect a position to come up with some pictures of the new place once we do a little decorating. But- you'd be amazed how we were unpacked and installed after only 24 hours. My sisters and mom were unpacking we mavens and gun through all that first night. The move is part of crap, install is the fun part, (at least for me.)

My only mistake was not really sit or eat much on moving day, I'm still paying for. Not only have we not our furniture for part of the day when my mother and I just clean everything in preparation, but I was just too anxious to be unpacked to relax. I think this little boy went into a bit of a hibernation while I was so active, because the minute I had the chance just to relax on the couch with Andy last night- that it was karate-esque movements for hours. We could see my belly moving around which is both the coolest thing and most overseas ever!

pumpkincake2

Anyway ... I could not wait too long to cook something in my new kitchen and beautiful n did not take long for me to decide that this cake light and fluffy pumpkin was the way to go. I am in full mode on the pumpkin obsession and I wanted to baptize the kitchen with the smell of spices floating in the apartment. Also- I wanted to do something that many soiled dishes, just so I can enjoy the moment to just throw all my even dishwasher. For those of you who have always been, there's nothing quite like not having one and then taking the load of washing hands clear. I feel like the luckiest girl in New York.

This cake is easy to throw together and texture is perfect. So tender and soft and fluffy that it almost melts in the mouth. The brown butter glaze creates the perfect rich nuttiness that compliments the spices just cake. What I like most about this cake, however, is that it takes several days when sealed airtight, and only getting better as it is. This is perfect for me as we had all kinds of friends stop to check the place and I like to have something delicious to share. (Also, now that I do not live next door to my sister, I have a whole new set of neighbors to share my candy with!)

pumpkincake

Print
Pumpkin Buttermilk Bundt cake with brown butter Frosting
Ingredients
for Cake:
  • 2¼ cups all purpose
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 2½ tablespoons cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon nutmeg
  • ¼ teaspoon ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon cloves
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1¼ cups solid-pack canned pumpkin
  • ¾ cup buttermilk well shaken
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup dark brown sugar (light would be fine too)
  • 3 large eggs
Frosting:
  • 1 stick of butter, brown
  • 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2-4 tablespoons milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or generously butter a flat 10-inch Bundt cake and dust with flour, set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla.
  4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a spatula, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
  5. Alternate adding the flour and pumpkin mixture, mixing on low speed, starting and ending with flour mixture. Do not over mix.
  6. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Invert and cool for at least 30 minutes on a wire rack before frosting
For the icing :.
  1. Pour the brown butter in a bowl and whisk in 2 cups sifted powdered sugar and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Add milk, a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
  2. Pour over the cake and serve warm, at room temperature or even cold from the refrigerator. (This cake still tastes better on days 2 and 3!)
Notes
cake recipe adapted from: Gourmet Magazine
Frosting recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Living

Advertiser