Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Glaze

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Glaze -

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Glaze If you come this far, chances are that you can be as intrigued with this combo as I am. I mean bacon in baked goods is hardly a new concept, but I just never got around to trying it. (This does not mean I have not dragged a bacon strip with extra maple syrup and loved the sweet-salty smoked combo.) So when I saw a version of these cookies on my friend's blog Kristin awhile back, I knew they would be my first test with this unique combination.

IMG_80481

To these, I started with my favorite chocolate chip recipe. I met some pieces of crispy bacon in the dough, bake them as usual. Once cooled, I sprinkled a maple syrup glaze over the tops and sprinkled on more crispy bacon. They were really all that I had imagined. The soft rubbery texture of cookies with chocolate chips was equally great, but this time each bite was dotted with just a bit of bacon perfection.

Now my attitude is usually bacon this- I love , but I try not to have too often. I do not deprive myself of things, but the bacon is one of those things that I always feel a little guilty eating more occasionally. Anyway, these cookies are just the thing for those times when you really want to push you over the edge. Yes, they are high, yes they are decadent, but until you've tried the soft chocolate chip / crispy bacon / maple combo, you really know what you're missing. I think it would be such fun and unique addition to a menu BBQ / Cookout not you?

IMG_80551

Print
cookies Bacon Chocolate Chip with Maple Glaze
Ingredients
  • 2 plus 2 cups c. all purpose flour
  • ½ c. baking soda
  • ½ c. salt
  • 12 c. room temperature unsalted butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • + 1 large egg 1 egg yolk
  • 2 c. vanilla extract
  • 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 strips- bacon book package cooked until very crispy and cut into small pieces.
  • ¾ cup powdered sugar
  • pure maple syrup
Instructions
  1. Adjust oven racks in the upper and lower positions means. Preheat oven to 325 °. Line two parchment paper cookie sheets
  2. Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium bowl .; put aside. With an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars until completely combined. Beat the egg, yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and 1 cup bacon bits.
  3. Place a half cup of dough little ball. Holding the ball of dough in the fingertips of both hands, separate into two equal halves. Rotate halves 0 degrees and, with jagged surfaces upwards, place formed the dough on a cookie sheet, leaving enough space between each ball.
  4. Cook, the position of inversion cookie sheets halfway through, until cookies are golden light and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (about 11-14 minutes ). Do not overcook.
  5. Cool cookies on sheets to be able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a rack to cool
To make glaze :.
  1. In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup for sugar and mix. Add more maple syrup as needed until the icing is a good, thick consistency drizzling.
  2. Drizzle glaze over cookies and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.

Chip Cookie Recipe adapted Chocolate Baking Illustrated

Cookie Inspiration of The Dinky Kitchen

Advertiser