Friday, September 23, 2016

Cookie Butter Treats Krispie

Cookie Butter Treats Krispie -

IMG_73731

As a child, your parents never fool yourself into thinking that a food was actually another thing? For example, thinking that "ice cream" was actually yogurt. Or a "cookie" is something healthier like a graham cracker? In my case, I am convinced that my teenage years at least that Rice Krispies Treats were actually brown rice cereal mixed with peanut butter and honey cutting in bars. I mean your credit mom, the concept is the same, but a butter and marshmallow classical variety has never been a part of my childhood.

Now, while I certainly my mother deprived me of the sweet kind Treaty of these treats, I really love when I finally had a taste. There's just something heavenly about the soft, crunchy texture of these treats. And while I will probably give my children the healthy version and mislead all the same, I could not resist these bars.

IMG_73831

The secret ingredient that made this a step above your run of the mill Krispie was adding my new thing- butter cookie favorite. Also known as spread Biscoff, this delicious creation is made from these cookies you may remember getting stewardesses on flights. A cookie is a cookie type Gingerbread who is from the Netherlands and is delicious beyond belief. Imagine this in a cookie spread peanut butter and as you may know how they are so good.

I am my biscuit butter at Trader Joes, but you can also use Biscoff spread if your store sells or order online here.

Print
Cookie Butter Krispie Treats
ingredients
  • ½ stick butter
  • 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
  • 5½ rice krispies cups
  • ¾ cup baking butter, divided
Instructions
  1. Spray or butter a baking dish 8x8, set aside.
  2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter completely. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir until smooth and creamy.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup butter cookie.
  4. Add rice Krispies a little at a time, stirring to coat with the mixture of marshmallow.
  5. When everything is well coated, spread the mixture into your prepared pan.
  6. cool bars in the refrigerator or freezer until cold to the touch and firm.
  7. Cut the square into bars. Melt remaining ¼ cup butter cookies and drizzle on the cutting bars. Leave drizzle to set before serving. Enjoy

adapted recipe from: Shugary Sweets

Advertiser