Thursday, September 22, 2016

Snickerdoodles classic

Snickerdoodles classic -

much as I love looking for fun and unique recipes that I can make my own, I sensations always the most when I discovered my "best" version of a classic. I feel good knowing that I have a killer recipe for chocolate chip cookies, pastry, or until ice cream Vanilla my sleeve. I feel like it's candy I'll probably do the most over the years, and my future family will always remember with hope.

So when I came across a new recipe for my snickerdoodles which did not call for shortening- I had to give it a try. I usually make the recipe from Martha, and although it served me well, I hate that I was forced to use shortening (I usually find organic, but may not always) or cut the shortening, but meet with a textured bad cookie.

IMG_84231

Fortunately for me, I received a huge pile of cookbooks Quirk Books last few weeks as a prize for winning the "Cookie Doughlympics." one of them was a beautiful book on cookies and that's where I found this little gem.

I really liked this recipe. The dough comes together in no time, it does not require cooling, and the end result is really great. These cookies are crisp on the edges, oh so sweet on the inside, and full of sugar and spice. I think it is the perfect basic recipe for me to redo my Caramel Snickerdoodles-plush soon. (I can even use caramels home this time ...)

Print
Classic Snickerdoodles
Ingredients
  • 1⅓ cups all purpose
  • ½ c. cream of tartar
  • ½ c. baking soda
  • ⅛ c. salt
  • ½ unsalted room temperature buttermilk cup
  • ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
  • Sugar
  • ¼ cup
  • 2 c. Cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Plate line biscuits with parchment or a Silpat. Put aside. Next SFIT dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside as well.
  2. cream butter and sugar on medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
  3. Add flour mixture in two batches, ensuring that the first is incirporated before adding the second. Stop when the second batch is fully combined.
  4. Mix cinnmon and sugar in a bowl. Roll of 1 inch balls of dough in the mixture. Place on the cookie sheets about 2 inches. Flatten the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
  5. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool sheets on a rack for a few minutes and trasfer biscuits directly on the racks to let them finish cooling.

Recipe: The Cookiepedia Adimando by Stacy

Advertiser