Sunday, September 11, 2016

Butternut Parmesan Risotto

Butternut Parmesan Risotto -

rissoto2
Is an element in your kitchen never motivate you to find something to cook with it? For myself it was my beautiful new Dutch oven Le Creuset that I am for a wedding gift last year. I was always looking for recipes that I could do it because she was so damn pretty and fancy and grown up you know? I made a lot of soups and stews last fall and also that delicious risotto is complete autumn flavors. I knew this was the year to share the recipe with you all like delicious and (in my opinion) fun to do.

rissoto

butternut squash makes this dish so unexpected creamy texture that makes the flat side of perfect season (or flat for me with a side of grilled vegetables!) Make risotto requires a lot of commotion, but I therapeutic restless feeling like further and watch the magic happen cooking right in front of me. (Generally, while listening to my Sara Bareleis Pandora station.) From grated Parmesan cheese is the perfect finishing touch and the end result is one of my favorite fall dishes, one that I will make as long as I still my fancy Dutch oven to get me excited about it !! :)

Print
Butternut Parmesan Risotto
Ingredients
  • 1 small butternut squash
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cups rice Arborio
  • ⅔ dry white wine cup
  • 5 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
  • ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
Instructions
to squash
  1. Preheat oven to 425F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise face and place on a cookie sheet with foil. Roast for 60 minutes or until squash is tender.
  2. Scoop inside the pumpkin and puree with a blender immersion blender or regular blender until smooth and creamy. (. You want about 2 cups total) Set aside
For the Risotto:
  1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent. Add rice and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown at the edges.
  2. Add wine and stir constantly until it has evaporated. Add to ⅓ of the broth and reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until all the broth has been absorbed by the rice. Add half the remaining broth, and continue stirring until it is absorbed. Finally, pour the remaining broth, and continue stirring until the risotto is thick, and all the liquid has been worked in.
  3. Add the squash and parmesan cheese until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste
Notes
Recipe adapted from :. All revenue

Advertiser