Tuesday, September 20, 2016

* * Guest Post Lavender Lemon Pound cake

* * Guest Post Lavender Lemon Pound cake -

lemon-lavender-pound-cake-50

You guys, I am a wonderful guest with me today. Bake Your Day Cassie is one of the sweetest, most generous and also of the most talented members of the community of bloggers food, and I'm so lucky that she was willing to share something with us today . This pound cake is so beautiful that I can not wait to try it when I am stateside again. Cassie thank you! xo

I can not tell you guys how excited I am about the display for Audra today. We started our blogs about the same time and it was so fun to "grow" our blogs together. We really got to know each other when Audra had the good idea to get a group of bakers together to solve some of the recipes Christina Tosi in the Milk Bar cookbook. And I am so grateful for the invitation ... I learned so much from this incredible group of bloggers and I'm very honored to be here to display Audra while she is becoming a Mrs. !

lemon-lavender-pound-cake-30

I have a major obsession with lavender - a few years ago, I went on a bike ride trail with my mother-in-law and stayed in a Bed and Breakfast has been called the lavender - lavender. They had lavender ice cream, lavender biscuits, soap, even lavender and the place smelled of lavender. Since I liked in every way - including baked goods

lemon-lavender-pound-cake-6

This pound cake is so moist and dense .. The lemon tart balance the flowery lavender and it is so refreshing and easy to make. I made them in mini loaf pans, because nothing in a mini version is always better!

Audra Congratulations, I'm so happy for you and Andy! Best wishes for many years of happiness !!

lemon-lavender-pound-cake-36

Print
Lemon Lavender Pound Cake
Ingredients
  • 1½ cup all purpose flour
  • ¼ c. baking powder
  • ⅛ c. baking soda
  • ¼ c. salt
  • ½ cup softened butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • ¾ cup (6 ounces weight) 2% Greek yogurt (I Chobani used)
  • 1 Tbs. lemon juice
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. lemon zest
  • 1 Tbs. dried lavender seeds
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x5 (or two mini 5.75x3) loaf pan and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
  3. In a mixer bowl, cream the butter. Gradually add sugar and cream until light and fluffy, about 7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until each fully integrated.
  4. Slowly add dry ingredients, alternating with Greek yogurt, butter and sugar cream and mix just until incorporated. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat on low until smooth. Gently stir in lavender seeds.
  5. Pour the batter into the pan (s) and bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake at 325 ° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in loaf pans for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

Advertiser