Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pumpkin Butterscotch Blondies

Pumpkin Butterscotch Blondies -

Ok, one last pumpkin recipe for you this week. (I warned you that my kitchen had got caught up with the stuff!) Since the return to the city, I take treats to all my officers, and I needed something that could be easily transported and stored. I also always try to bring their seasonal treats, so there you have it. I promise to give other autumn flavors like next week!

These blondies meet in a short time, and mixing in the combinations are endless! Butterscotch seemed the obvious choice to go with all the spices, but other chips / nuts / crunchies would be great too. I personally do not like the idea of ​​mixing chocolate and pumpkin, so this was a great combo for me. But feel free to take some creative liberties!

There you have it! Have a wonderful weeekend. I did some fun things planned. Tomorrow- Andy and I are doing a walk all day around the perimeter of Manhattan! I wanted to do for ages, and tomorrow seems like the perfect day before it is too cold. We have plenty of food scheduled stops along the way, and I will certainly share photos instagram along the way. (I @AudraFullerton on Instagram if you do not follow me.)

Sunday I organize a football party at the apartment! I am still finalizing the menu, but I think a lot of chili and corn bread ... I wish you all the fun things planned too. TGIF! xo

Print
Pumpkin Butterscotch Blondies
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose
  • 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice-pie
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1¼ cups sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons 'vanilla extract
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 package (12 oz) butterscotch chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a mold 9 by 13 inches of foil, leaving an overhang on the sides. In a medium bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients; set aside
  2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium high speed until smooth. beat the egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir pumpkin (do not worry if it looks curdled-y). Reduce speed and mix the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in butterscotch chips.
  3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until the edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
  4. Lift pan bars (using the sheet to help). Peel off the sheet, and use a serrated knife, cut into 24 squares

Recipe adapted from punishment. Martha Stewart

Advertiser