Monday, September 5, 2016

Lactation Cookies (Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip with Butterscotch!)

Lactation Cookies (Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip with Butterscotch!) -

Lactation Cookies (Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip with Butterscotch!)

Ok- I recognize this may be the strangest I biscuit The Chick Baker posted. I am aware that this recipe can be appealing to a very specific demographic, but rather than emailing the recipe with all my notes scribbled in, I thought this is my blog and I'll post breastfeeding cookies if I want to! ! (Last week was breasfeeding Awareness Month to thereyago.)

A good friend of mine worked until her milk and so I thought I cook a lot Special delicious, soft, oatmeal, chocolate chips and caramel cookies that are have some ingredients that help to stimulate supply: oats, flax meal (easy to find) and brewer's yeast (harder to find but I bought a huge pot from Amazon.)

Lactation Cookies (Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip with Butterscotch!)

These impressive taste and additional ingredients cookies do not seem to a great difference in flavor wise. Of all the ways to help a new mom boost its Supply- it must be the most delicious. Of course, I added a little flaky sea salt on top which made it even the best!

A funny story is that I posted on the group from my local mother I had a bunch of extra lactation cookies lying around in case someone needs a little. Reveals many of them did, and 3 Mamas came the upstream pick some even offering to pay me. (Black market business lactation cookies anyone?)

Now- I have to say I do not necessarily need help in the milk department decision, but I had 3 of these cookies and they certainly makes a difference! I think that they work altogether. I have a new special gift to send my new nursing Mama friends. (Although if the new dads like cookies, as far as Andy I may need to send extras!)

And if you did that growers here is a bonus baby picture! : D

HugoToes

Print
Lactation Cookies (Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Butterscotch)
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup water
  • 2 tablespoons of flax seed meal
  • 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 yellow
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all purpose
  • ¼ cup brewers yeast
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2½ cups oats Old- fashioned flea
  • 1 cup mini chocolate
  • ½ chips cup of caramel
  • sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the water and linen. Put aside.
  2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg, the yolk and vanilla and beat on high until creamy. Stir in flax mixture.
  3. Sprinkle the flour, yeast, soda, baking powder and salt in the butter mixture and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and caramel.
  4. Scoop dough by rounded mounds and place a cookie sheet. Use your fingers to slightly flatten the towers. Sprinkle with sea salt.
  5. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Notes
do not jump oats, brewer's yeast or flax- these are the ingredients that help the lactation

recipe adapted from: All revenue

Advertiser