Monday, September 5, 2016

Jalapeño Popper Pull-Apart Bread

Jalapeño Popper Pull-Apart Bread -

jalapenopopperbread

There is no secret that I love the football season. There is something about the fact that it is during my favorite time of the year, involves a lot of my favorite foods, and gives me an excuse to root for my beloved Packers makes me go a nut bit to it. Speaking of food, I really can not get enough- Chile, dips, snacks of all kinds- I love them all. Given last week began the football season, I just had to create a fun football snack for you all. (And the fact that he signed my favorite team Green & Gold in the mixture does not hurt!)

jalapenopopperbread2

For this bread I started with a nice loaf of crusty bread it. (I love any excuse to make it really!) After cutting a "grid" of sorts in the bread all the way to the lower crust, I stuffed jalapeno poppers all ingredients in all the crevices. I started with thin slices of jalapeno * and finish with lots of cream cheese, green onions and cheddar. Everything is cooked until the peppers get soft, cheese is melty and everything becomes sticky and crunchy. I can not think of a better addition to your gameday spread!

Moreover, this whole "things stuff in bread thing" is quite addictive ... what other ideas do you have for me?

* I'm sure everyone knows this but me, but please do yourself a favor and wear gloves when dealing with hot peppers. I learned this lesson the hard way !!

Print
Jalapeño Popper Pull-Apart Bread
Ingredients
  • 1 loaf of crusty bread (leaven would be good too)
  • chili peppers 4 medium jalapeños, sliced ​​with seeds.
  • 1 8 oz package of cheese with cream, frozen until firm enough to slice
  • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 shallot, thinly sliced ​​
  • salt and pepper
Instructions
  1. using a sharp serrated knife, cut a gate at the top of the cut down to breadwinner bread background but not all the way through.
  2. Stuff the peppers in each of the crevices, all the way down. Most banks that have filled the better! Cut the cream cheese and stuff it with the peppers. Continue with the shallots and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Add a little salt and pepper.
  3. Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve hot.

Advertiser