Saturday, September 10, 2016

Snowflake Frosted Sugar Cookies

Snowflake Frosted Sugar Cookies -

snowflake2

I know that New Year's resolutions are not expected to begin for two good weeks, but since I could have a baby at any time after that- I figure there's no harm in getting a head start on the right? I wanted to try to cut out sugar cookies decorated with a royal icing for ages, but I still a little deflated. I guess you could say I am convinced that I would end up losing all my time on something that would surely end up as a failure, so I did not bother even trying. I'm still pretty implied by the process for these cookies, I jumped Stroke / flood stage and just used royal icing to pipe designs on cookies.

There remains took me a few tries to get used to the pastry bag and feel like I had control of it, but I got to run. I also was a little intimated by making royal icing, but now that I have been several times that I really feel like this is easy as pie too. Time- Then I will describe and flood these babies like a pro! It sure feels good to (partially) to check something on the list that you know?

snowflakes

I do not change until these recipes Bake at 350 so I'll just link you to check out the advice of Bridget and tutorial on the subject. Cookie recipe here, and Royal Icing recipe here. I must stress that this cookie recipe is really good. They are soft and super tasty. I made them a few times now, and want to use all the vanilla extract since I'm not in almond works, but is. (I would like to freeze the cutting cookies on the sheet for at least 10 minutes before cooking. Otherwise- for me, shapes tend to swell too.) I used the gel color to tint the blue ice, pearl candy and a little powdered sugar. They were a fun project and rewarding holiday baking and I can not wait until my next trip to it- I hope you do not mind following along my journey! :)

Advertiser