Saturday, September 10, 2016

Banana Bread Pancakes

Banana Bread Pancakes -

bananapancakes2

If you go back in my "breakfast" archive, you may remember that I had a long struggle with being a glutton early morning. Andy always called me to get something in my body right away and I could never enter. (It took me a good hour or two to whet your appetite.) Then I got pregnant and if I could even make it through the night without getting up to eat something it seemed like a great achievement. (I find that a glass of milk 3 AM helps a lot with the hunger pangs half-sleep.)

anyway, I am a small eater fair for the last 9 months and recently, it was all about pancakes. I can not get enough of them. I was seriously have sometimes for breakfast and dinner because they sound awfully good to me all the time. The good news is, I make my favorite recipes with whole wheat pastry flour, which results in a perfectly fluffy pancake that is maybe a little better for me, so I do not feel so bad.

bananapancakes

I've been experimenting with the addition of fruit pulp and last week came with this delicious concoction that tastes almost like a new tranche banana bread (with lots of maple syrup, of course!) They are soft and tasty equal parts with a little sugar and spice and some of course banana puree. The best part is, the paste is completely save-able up to a week in an airtight container in the air. (This works well for when I want to eat these all day!)

PS I am 39 weeks today !!!


Advertiser