Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fudgy Zucchini Brownies

Fudgy Zucchini Brownies -

zucchinibrownies3

I put the greens in your brownies- please do not hate me.

I know that this is usually not my MO, and I tend to be more vegetables are vegetables and sweets are treats mood, but what I can say: I am of be unpredictable here. Now I want a slice of zucchini bread as much as the next girl, but I was just beware of my frosted fudge candy with two whole zucchini in them as you can be, but let tell me yourself these brownies are goooood. Like- not good for a vegetarian in them, but so good I highly doubt or someone you served these could never guess the secret ingredient. Like so good I will definitely do the next time I need a quick solution brownie, if I have a fridge full of zucchini or not.

zucchinibrownies

Now, regarding these brownie, I do happen to have a bunch of zucchini in my fridge, and after two nights of sautéed vegetables, I knew I had to find a way to cook them something. Now I have not baked with zucchini a ton in the past, but nothing could have prepared me for how little I tasted in these brownies. 2 cups shredded into pulp and yet the texture is just regular brownie fudge-ness, with no sign of a vegatable. It's almost like they dissolved right into the dough in a super-moist, fudge, chocolate deliciousness. So, so good.

To top off these babies is a creamy chocolate frosting makes these even more fantastic, and yes, I still consider those "healthy brownie" with rich icing and decadant. #sorrynotsorry

zucchinibrownies2

Print
Fudgy Zucchini Brownies
Ingredients
  • ½ cup coconut oil (other vegetable oil will work as well)
  • 1 ½ cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all purpose
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used dark)
  • 1½ teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • courgettes 2 cups finely grated
for the Frosting:
  • 5 tablespoons unsweetened powder cocoa
  • ¼ cup melted butter
  • sugar 2 cups confectioners
  • ¼ cup milk
  • ½ extract teaspoon vanilla
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray or grease a 9x13 baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Put aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth and well combined consistency. Sprinkle the flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. (The dough will be dry this Point- concern.)
  3. Fold the zucchini and stir for a few seconds or until the dough is combined.
  4. Spread into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs.
  5. Allow brownies to cool completely before frosting.
for the frosting:
  1. In bowl of medium to large size, mix butter and cocoa powder until smooth. Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, alternating with the milk. Stir in vanilla.
  2. Spread icing on cooled brownies and enjoy!
Notes
Recipe adapted from: All revenue

Advertiser