Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Muffin Tin Chicken Pot Pies Part 2

Muffin Tin Chicken Pot Pies Part 2 -

The first version of the Mini Chicken Pot Pies has appeared on my blog on a year ago when I was still a bit clueless. I had not ever done anything like this before, and my kitchen was far less equipped than today. All that being said, they turned still not great, and this position is actually one of the most popular on the blog up to date. Why mess with a good thing right? Well, I receive weekly emails on the freezing, storage, reheating and the redesign of this recipe, so I thought a fresh new version can be a good thing. (I learned a little in a year after all ...)

The filling recipe for them is almost exactly the same with only minor adjustments. The main difference was that I was the crust. See there a year, I had little or no experience with pie crust, and I do not have a food processor, so I went with a simple and easy oil pastry. He ran well and still tasted great, but I've grown so attached to Broken Pate (Butter Pie Crust) during the last year, I thought it was worth trying. And man oh man are these amazing with this flaky crust and butter. They just got a million times more delicious let me tell you.

Recently+Updated291

A big difference between the two is that crusts Broken Pate needs to relax for an hour, so that the order of the recipe has changed too. I now recommend to your crust, division and wrapping, and make the filling while it is in the refrigerator. This makes everything quite simple and easy meals for dinner whipping with not a ton of necessary preparation time.

I also had questions about the extent, lamination and assembly pies. I divided the dough into 3 equal segments that helped make each pie had the same amount of dough. Another important thing is to find a cutter that meets your mega muffin cups. As you can see from the picture below, I used an old pancake mix box that may have been a little too small. To remedy this, cut a thick piece of dough and roll-gently so that it fits the muffin pan with about a half-inch overhang around the entire diameter. (I tried to take more pictures of the process, but I was losing my light and my hands were too buttery for washing after each step!)

MG_50411

If you do these for have an easy and well portioned meals waiting in your freezer (as I did,) here are some simple instructions for freezing:

1- I always freeze these fully cooked. Once they have cooled, remove them from the box and wrap tightly with foil and saran wrap. (I use both.)

2. When ready to prepare, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter for a few hours until they feel soft.

3-soit- microwave for 60 seconds, and bake at 375 until the tops are clean (5 minutes) OR Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until that the filling is hot and tops are crisp.

I hope this post helps! Happy Monday!

Print
Muffin Tin Chicken Pot Pies Part 2
Ingredients
  • 1 batch of pie crust
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
  • ¾ cup chopped carrots
  • ¾ cup chopped potatoes
  • ¾ cup fresh green beans cut into 1 or 2 inch pieces.
  • ⅓ cup butter
  • ⅓ cup chopped onion
  • ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • other spices to taste (garlic, celery seed, etc.)
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 to 1½ cups milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C. )
  2. in a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, potatoes and beans. Add enough chicken broth to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain (while saving the chicken broth) and set aside.
  3. In saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and spices. Slowly 1¾ cups chicken broth and 1 cup milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
  4. Combine the chicken mixture and sauce. If it does not seem quite sassy, ​​slowly add the broth and milk a tablespoon and a time until the mixture has a nice sauce. (Sorry to be vague here, but you really need to eye ball, he Especially if you decide to add other vegetables ..)
To assemble:
  1. Every 3rd paste will give 4 rounds of dough. (If you need to collect the pieces and re-roll a few times it will.)
  2. Roll each dough circle until it is large enough to be pressed into muffin pan with half inch succession.
  3. After all the dough is, add filling in each box. Be generous with the filling, you want it to dome on top
  4. Take 6 circles and by a lay on top of the remaining pastry topping. Press the upper and lower layers of dough together and cut off the excess.
  5. With the back of a knife or your finger, pinch the edges to seal each pie.
  6. Brush the top of each pie with egg wash, milk or cream. (Optional)
  7. Cut a few slits in each pie to release steam during cooking.
  8. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until pies are crisp on top and golden brown.
Nutrition Information
Portion: 6 muffins size blocks

Crust recipe from Martha Stewart

Advertiser