Monday, October 10, 2016

Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars swirled

Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars swirled -

cheesecake4

Have you ever heard of a true sign that you are about to go the work is a huge burst of energy? Apparently, last week before Hugo was born my mother told my sister that when / if I had this labor inflow energy nesting / assets would soon follow. Although I must say she's right. Within 36 hours before the beginning of my work, I roast a chicken and 4 liters of broth, made three pans of lasagna for the freezer, and thought I still squeezes a blog with these bars. (In fact, it ended up being perfect because when I went to work I still had a pan full of these in the fridge that my work team could nibble after birth!)

cheesecake3

These bars are perfect. They are the cake bars creamy cheese I've ever had with a graham cracker crust and a thick tangy raspberry swirl. They are surprisingly easy to make and so bright and delicious. I think they are another great idea for dessert for Valentine's Day is not over the top but fun and festive at the same time. The basic recipe is so easy and foolproof that I know I will do again and again!

cheesecake

Thanks for all the PS-soft well-wishes on the birth of little Hugo. My life changed in the last week, but I'm really loving every second. I am very lucky to have my mother here for two full weeks which was so amazing and helpful. It's so weird that I was pregnant a few days ago and now instead of a huge belly, I am the mother of a sweet little boy. The miracle of life is sure crazy huh? :)

Print
swirled Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Ingredients
for crust:
  • 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
  • butter 4T
for Cheesecake:
  • 16 ounces room temperature cream cheese
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • Zest of a lemon
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • Eggs temperature
  • 2 pieces
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the Raspberry Swirl
  • 4 oz raspberries fresh (about ½ cup)
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, crisscrossing two rectangular pieces so it is an overhang on each side for easy lifting. Put aside.
For crust
  1. In a bowl, mix of medium size and the breadcrumbs and butter with a spoon until moist. . Press into pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until crust is set around the edges
Meanwhile the filling:
  1. beat together the white sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
  2. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Spread the filling mixture over baked crust
For the raspberry puree :.
  1. In a food processor or blender, purée the raspberries until smooth. Press through a fine mesh sieve, get as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Stir in sugar.
  2. Dot the raspberry mixture over the filling and use a toothpick or skewer to swirl together.
  3. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges and slightly gelatinous in the center. Cool completely on wire rack then refrigerate until cold before serving
Notes
Recipe adapted :. Allrecipes

Advertiser