Monday, October 10, 2016

Layer Cake with Banana Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Frosting

Layer Cake with Banana Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Frosting -

birthdaycake

You guys are there for photos and the recipe right? I mean, I'm sure some people read what I write, but I do not blame you for skimming my real job and simply check the goods- I'm guilty of it sometimes too. I guess what I'm saying is that I spent a little nugget that rose at 4 am today and I'm a little brain deadline for this reason that I will keep this brief. :)

birthdaycake1

Get better diaper cakes and cake decorating was a major goal for this year. I have already captured a Rose cake, and next on my list was a cake with the same layers, which was smooth and symmetrical. I will not win a cake decorating prices any time soon, but I'm damn proud of this baby!

Every year my birthday, I wonder if I make my own birthday cake and I usually do not. Last year, I was too concerned about our trip to Europe and in the years before typically have a party or a planned event and a cake at home do not seem worth it.

This year, if I lay low I mean you do with a baby five weeks? My mother is coming later this evening will be great and Andy took off work so we can roam the city as a family of three. I'm damn excited for this!

birthdaycake2

I decided to make my birthday cake with one of my favorite flavor combos of all time, banana, peanut butter and chocolate. The banana cake is moist and delicious, full of mini chocolate chips layered with creamy peanut butter frosting. I cut in a day early for these pictures, but certainly tried to stuff the rear edge and gel around it- (what we do for food blogs!) I had enough dough for a few cupcakes, if although come to taste a little sample and man oh man is good. Maybe just maybe I get some good layers of cake !!

Print
Layer Cake Banana Chocolate Chip with peanut butter frosting
Ingredients
for the cake:
  • 2½ cups all purpose
  • 1 tablespoon of baking soda
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • ½ unsalted butter cup
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ¾ light brown sugar cup
  • 2 eggs (room temperature )
  • 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ⅔ cup buttermilk (room temperature)
  • ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips and other for garnish
for the icing:
  • 2 sticks of butter, softened 1 cup ()
  • 1 cup cream with peanut butter
  • 3½ cups sugar powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-3 tablespoons milk
Instructions
for the cake:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2-8 inch round pans *
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; put aside.
  3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in bananas and vanilla.
  4. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk batter departing and ending with flour. Mix until just combined. (Do not over mix.) Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a damp tea towel to cool
For the icing :.
  1. Cream together the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time, then vanilla. Gradually add milk, beating after each start until the frosting is smooth and creamy
To assemble :.
  1. To a cake of 4 layers, at each layer with a long serrated knife. Fill and frost the cake as desired, always place the cut sides down to facilitate the spread!
Notes
* Although the recipe says the cake gives an 8-inch layer cake I actually used 2- 6 pans inch (and sliced ​​each length wise) and had enough extra dough for 4 small cakes :)

cake recipe adapted from: All revenue

Advertiser