Sunday, October 2, 2016

Red Velvet Bundt Cake Cheesecake

Red Velvet Bundt Cake Cheesecake -

redvelvet2

I just grabbed my husband eat this cake in the dark kitchen. We have this joke about my bakery products leftovers. I say I do not want more and should of how much he wants and I'll get rid of the rest .... when I end up being caught taking a few bites from her. What can I say ?? Dang it's good and even better after sitting in the fridge overnight.

redvelvet3

I thought with Valentine's Day just around the corner, I had to concoct a deep red, cocoa-y, chees ahead the bundt cake cream that was both festive and delicious. This cake here is all that and more. And again I mean, there's a cheese cake ribbon around the cake that makes it even better. Soft red velvet cake ribbon cheesecake, cherry cream cheese ... pretty much the best thing ever.

My Valentine loved this cake ... (though the part I actually saved him ..) I can almost guarantee that all lovers of red velvet in your life too! <3

redvelvet1

Red Velvet Cheesecake Bundt Cake
Ingredients
for the cake:
  • 2 oz red food dye
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar coffee
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • oil 1 cup vegetables
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder *
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 1½ tablespoons of baking soda coffee
for the cheesecake filling:
  • 8 oz cheese, softened cream
  • white sugar
  • ¼ cup
  • 1 egg
for the Frosting:
  • 6 oz softened cream cheese
  • 2 oz butter, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk
Instructions
for the cake:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Heavily grease a mold Savarin 9-10 inches and sprinkle with flour.
  2. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup combine the buttermilk, red food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. Put aside.
  3. In a large bowl with a spatula, whisk together oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat high until smooth and creamy.
  4. Sift together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
  5. Further adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk mixture beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, ensuring that the dough is smooth, but not too mixed
For the cheese filling :.
  1. Beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth.
To assemble:
  1. Fill the mold Savarin with about ¾ of red velvet batter. Cake dollop of cheese mixture over all, keeping it away from the edges. Top with remaining cake batter
  2. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean
For Icing: ..
  1. in a large bowl cream butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add more milk gradually until the desired icing consistency is reached. I loved my thick but easy to pour over cake.
  2. Frost the cooled cake and serve at room temperature or chilled!
Comments
Recipe vaguely adapted recipes

* I use a full 4 tablespoons cocoa and my cake was a rich dark red. I wanted to amplify the chocolate flavor so I went with it ... If you want it to be a more dynamic bug you might to 3 tablespoons well.

Advertiser