Sunday, October 2, 2016

sweet potato Mac and cheese

sweet potato Mac and cheese -

sweetpotatomac1

I have to be honest about something. I'm not as good to eat fruit and vegetables as I used to be. Some days it is only one serving and I am constantly going to bed angry against myself to make it hot for one thing. It seems I'm so focused on Hugo supply these days I end up snacking on the remains and chowing down some scrambled eggs while he naps.

I wanted to do something that I really liked was eating but also nutritious for him if I thought that adding a bit of mashed sweet potato in a creamy cheese sauce was just the thing. Andy loved it, I loved it, especially Hugo loved it. I used whole grain pasta, some impressive Cabot cheddar, and a perfect sweet couple potatoes- Loved it easy spin heathy Mac & Cheese so much! The sauce was so creamy, slightly sweet taste that was really the only gift he actually had vegetables in it. I felt so full after a small bowl of this stuff, and although I still have to get better at remembering my vegetables, I understood it was a start. (Are sweet potatoes considered vegetables?)

sweetpotatomac2

Advertiser