Saturday, October 15, 2016

Strawberry Cobbler with Biscuit Topping

Strawberry Cobbler with Biscuit Topping -

cobbler2

So, I came to realize valuable information about myself ... I really do difficulty in changing time zones. I always try to pass easily into my new calendar, but this week was proof that it does not work like that for me. When we came back from Italy I had a whole week to feel normal again. Hopefully my 3:00 time change West Coast takes only a few days? Fortunately, my week in glorious sunshine was so nice that I forget my grogginess and trying to remember how I loved California.

One of my favorite things about my time there was the constant presence of perfectly ripe and fresh products at every turn. I ate so many juicy nectarines and plums, berries and grapes galore. I returned to New York, dying to store our fridge with each fruit possible- during the mid-0s heat wave of nothing yummier sounds.

cobbler

This cobbler was made from a quarter of the most juicy ripe strawberries and the greenmarket. I intentionally left the filling on the juicy side, thinking that some strawberry juice would be so delicious sprinkled on ice cream scoop of vanilla. The biscuit filling is so soft and light that makes it a perfect dessert for the summer. (And I subbed confessional ice cream for the vanilla Greek yogurt and had some leftovers to breakfast- so good !!)

Print
strawberry Cobbler with Biscuit Topping
Ingredients
  • 3 cups strawberries, hulled
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • 1 water tablespoon
  • [butter
  • 2 tablespoons, diced
for the filling:
  • flour 1 cup all-purpose
  • 1 tablespoon of white sugar
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder [butter
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons
  • ½ cup half and half
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • raw sugar for sprinkling
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and water. Cook over medium heat until thick and hot consistency. Add the strawberries and stir to coat
  3. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle 8x8 butter
For the filling: ..
  1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter and use your hands to work in the dry mix until crumbly. Stir in half and half and zest. The mixture will be soft.
  2. Scoop cookie dough over fruit and sprinkle with raw sugar.
  3. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned and berries are bubbly. Let cool slightly and serve warm with ice cream
Notes
Recipe adapted :. All revenue

Advertiser