Thursday, October 13, 2016

yogurt cucumber salad and mint

yogurt cucumber salad and mint -

cucumbersalad2

Something crazy happened. I share a recipe that cooked. At all. Or even sweet. However, it is what I feel like these last two weeks. So much so that I have not been able to think of other things, but this light summer salad that is oh so delicious.

Andy and I ordered the version of my father that there a few weeks ago when we visited Milwaukee and eat in its restaurant Sababa Middle East. We ordered kebabs and a variety of small plates, including this salad. Well, unfortunately for Andy I ate the whole plate. And I ordered another and had all that too. (And none of the other food we ordered.)

cucumbersalad

My father was made a version of this salad for us as long as I can remember, but the version I had last week was particularly good. It is fresh, full of flavor and really refreshing. I love all alone, but it is also delicious on the side of saying Kebob chicken or spicy Lamb Burger.

This is the first of what will be weekly salty messages (assuming I still implore.) I can not blog about desserts when so many other delicious things happened in my kitchen room. I hope you are cool (like cucumber) with it. ;)

Print
yogurt with cucumber salad and mint
Ingredients
  • 5 Persian cucumbers, quartered and sliced ​​
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • ¼ cup sour cream
  • 1 small clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried mint
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix.
  2. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I like mine quite salty.)
Notes
I like the best Persian cucumbers because they do require no peeling, are seedless and are crisp as possible. If you can not find their use 2½ cups chopped regular cucumbers.

I used dried mint made from mint in the garden of my mother, but if you can not find a good dried mint, finely chopped fresh mint will work, (but I prefer well dried! )

Advertiser