Monday, November 14, 2016

Cookies Perfect chocolate chips (for two)

Cookies Perfect chocolate chips (for two) -

cookies2

The first question I ask myself when people meet me, knowing that I am a baking blog, is, "How are you not fat?" Seriously- wonder that every week, if not more often. I know this makes little sense- I'm cooking, the display (and eat), lots of treats per week and while I really put on 5 lbs. The Chick from Baker was born, he has not gotten out of hand. I work occasionally (to the chagrin of my husband who is a personal trainer), but what I really practice every day is the art of moderation. For me, if I eat a healthy diet, I can still manage desserts several times a week as long as I do not go too far. I want a small slice of cake or a brownie or cookie, then I usually give the rest. It is a system that works for me and I plan to stick to it- that I see never give up sweets in my future!

cookies

I wanted to post my version of a "healthy" recipe, but I do not want to sacrifice taste or texture or something like that . I do not like using artificial "low fat" ingredients instead of regular. So I decided to preach what I the Recommended small portions and tasty treats in moderation. This recipe makes the smallest batch of chocolate chip cookies I've never done (between 2-6 cookies depending on the size that you like.)

It took a couple tries to get the right texture, but my mom and I agreed that they were pretty perfect. I like a cookie crackly and they look so beautiful from the oven. the edges become perfectly clear, but the inside is still soft and sweet. I like to make 3 cookies (one for both myself for him) but you can do two cookies- or even 6 small shareholders.

Print
Perfect Chocolate Chip cookies (for two)
Ingredients
  • ½ cup flour
  • ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • ⅓ chips cup chocolate
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325F.
  2. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and the yolk and whisk until smooth and creamy.
  3. Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients and stir until mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. SCOOP dough into 2-6 portions depending on the number of cookies you want. They will spread a Lot- so leave at least 3-4 inches between each ball of dough.
  5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Do not overcook. They may seem mushy on the inside-but they will continue to cook as they cool.
  6. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.

Advertiser