Thursday, November 3, 2016

Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese

Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese -

PumpkinMac3

Why in the world did I wait so long to start cooking with pumpkin? No, of course I done with pumpkin, but until now-salty pumpkin recipes are nothing but a figment of my imagination. But they are here and now I can not get enough. The sweet taste of hazelnut that lends itself so well to spices, sugar and almost every baked good you can think is also delicious when swirled in cheese sauce. I mean just about everything is good in cheese sauce, but still.

pumpkinmac

Although I am not quite at that stage yet with my own little, I guess this recipe would be a great way to sneak in some vegetables picky eaters. (I'm hoping that Hugo eat Indian food as a boss is a sign that it will continue to eat anything and everything!?) I for one could not really taste strong pumpkin flavor- it blends right into the creamy cheesiness and adds a touch of something. Hot, cheese, a little toasty- are using these adjectives?

PumpkinMac2

Can you believe it's already October? I think this has to be my favorite months of the year, especially my favorite month in New York. I remember last October for Vividy, my big belly waddled around the feeling of the city of hope and restless. Now I have an 8 month with 5 teeth which pulls up, ramp, said Dada (tear), and is just a little tiny human. How did he ever experienced in October? I look forward to feed all kinds of pumpkin savory deliciousness this month ... my little pumpkin!

HugoPumpkin

Print
Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Ingredients
  • 16 oz small shell or macaroni pasta
  • 3 tbsp of butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 3-4 cups of milk
  • 16 oz grated cheese
  • ¾ cup of pumpkin puree
  • 1.5 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
  • ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • ½ panko cup
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Rinse and set aside.
  3. In a large skillet saunce to medium heat, melt butter. Add the flour and whisk in butter until golden brown. Add 1 cup milk and rosemary and whisk until smooth. Add another cup of milk and stir constantly until thick and bubbly consistency. (This will take a few minutes.)
  4. Add all but a small handful of grated cheese to the sauce and stir until melted. Stir in pumpkin and paprika- add salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Pour into a 9x13 pan mold and garnish with panko and remaining cheese
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling coloring. Cool slightly before serving
Notes
Recipe adapted :. PBS

Advertiser