Monday, November 7, 2016

M & M Chewies

M & M Chewies -

chewies2

Sometimes you just need simpler cookie recipes you know? I get such a high after cooking something nice and complex, but at the same time, sometimes all I can handle are cookies. Scoop- bake-plop on some candy and soft bite into delicious-ness biscuits. Why is it that the healther I am * trying * to be more I really just want sugar? Despite baked goods, I'll post here on the regularity I actually try to eat pretty well and normally my love fruits and vegetables. But sometimes when I'm not even had a chance to take a sip of water or shower, my body needs a quick sugar solution. Which is why I brilliantly baked cookies, ate two and then forced my sister to take away the rest of the stat. Cookies in my kitchen + overworked hunger disaster Mama = / :) (I enjoyed my two biscuits good!)

Chewies

I call these " chewies "because it really what they are oh-so crispy on the edges, with super-soft centers and lots of candy M & M cookies I remember like this in Mrs. Fields in the center window commercial. I always spent on frosted brownie or cookie frosting filled cup instead, but liked the color they brought to the business of the bakery, still a little curious if they were good or not. I'm normally not much of a person- candy, but there is something about M & Ms I can not resist. I do not know if the version of Ms Field was as delicious as they are, but if I was sure missing out.

The key to getting the candy to stay pretty and not melted is to press them right after cooking. I've tried several ways and this was the only method that did not result in bleeding or cracked candy.

Print
M & M Chewies
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose
  • 1¼ teaspoons baking soda coffee
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup (1½ sticks ) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • ⅔ cup granulated white sugar
  • ⅔ cup light brown sugar firmly packed
  • 1 large egg plus 1 yellow
  • 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of M & M candy
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking liners. Put aside.
  2. In a bowl medium whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a large bowl fitted with a paddle Attachment- cream butter and sugar on high until smooth and light consistency.
  4. Add egg, egg yolk and the vanilla thoroughly mixing.
  5. mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
  6. Use one tablespoon baking the dough portion 2-3 inches apart on a cookie sheet (mine resulted in rounds they 1½ inch size will spread considerably) Gently flatten the dough a little with your fingers.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Or until the edges are set and lightly browned and set. press right distant as M & Ms you want in the cookie tops.
  8. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

Advertiser