Wednesday, November 9, 2016

One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze

One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze -

One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze

You guys something crazy happened and in some so, I'm pregnant 34 weeks today. How did this go so fast? To be honest, I always had the impression that October to late December steal as it is my favorite time of year, but I am taken by surprise. I feel ready and equally excited to meet my little baby, but also happy that I still have 4-8 weeks to go so I can finish preparing things and prepare mentally.

I also have the coming weeks to continue to do many great things in the kitchen so that when not come, I'll still have recipes to share with you. I really do not know what my life will be like come February, but I hope you stay with me as I discovered! :)

One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze

After Easy One-bowl Pumpkin bread, I had a desire to understand something similar to a black, bread spicy spice (which happens to be one of my favorite things ever.) The plan was to make it in a loaf pan and be able slice bread / cake I could do for gifts / guests. Although I tried this recipe and if you saw the lava paste overflow the pan in the oven bottom that you understand why this is not working right. (Too much dough for a sacred pan bread!) So- I started over and decided a nice bundt work as well if not better. I rested easy as just paste filled the halfway mark, and he bake just fine.

One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze

This Gingerbread certainly did not need any icing or ice would be perfect as it is or even with a net sugar powder, but I can not resist the appearance of a bundt dripping with gooey ice down. (Evidence Caramel Latte Bundt Cake and Pumpkin Buttermilk Bundt cake ... I also seem to really take on those tin trays) So- I made a cheese frosting lemon cream and topped it off with a little ginger chopped crystallized. The end result- so super nice guy. And the best part? There are still more on the second and third days. I brought it to my class of birth, but kept on the sloppy-cast one (which was ugly, but was great) and we yet absolutely love 5 days later . Somehow the spices and flavors are better and stronger, and the texture becomes more soft, damp, if possible. This is a sure keeper!

gingerbread

PS It is not too late to enter my Giveaway Keep It Sweet Desserts of yesterday- it goes until next Thursday!

Print
One-Bowl Gingerbread Lemon Cake Cheese Glaze cream
Ingredients
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ½ cup more 2T vegetable oil (I used coconut)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup molasses
  • 2½ cups all purpose
  • 1½ teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon cloves
  • ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup of hot water
For the icing:
  • 2 ounces cream cheese
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • zest and juice of a lemon
  • milk to dilute
  • candied ginger garnish (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a mold Savarin 9 inches (or 9-inch square pan) and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil. Add the egg and stir in molasses, whisking until smooth.
  3. Sprinkle flour on the sugar / oil mixture, then follow sprinkling spices, baking soda and salt over the flour.
  4. Stir, starting gently combine the dry ingredients, then work wet into the dry until almost completely incorporated.
  5. Add hot water and whisk gently until the mixture is smooth and well combined arms (although a few small lumps are fine)
  6. Bake for 40-50 minutes , or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
to glaze: ..
  1. Soften cream cheese. (I like to melt it for about 45 seconds in the microwave.) And whisk in 2 cups powdered sugar. Add the lemon zest and juice and continue whisking. To lighten the outer glaze add a teaspoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency. (If you have too clear you can add more powdered sugar, it is as thick as you like.)
  2. Pour over cooled cake and garnish with candied ginger if desired.
notes
Recipe adapted from: All revenue

Advertiser