Thursday, December 15, 2016

Garlic Cheddar Buns Swirl

Garlic Cheddar Buns Swirl -

IMG_2883

I will share with you how most of my Saturday mornings go: Andy - "What do you need to do today "me?!?" although I have to cook something-I have nothing to blog on Monday How do you feel what should I do what we have in the fridge? Will you run to the store for me? "

I mean it's almost there. (Actually Andy is sitting next to me nodded.) What can I say? I'm not very good at planning ahead. Most often aimlessly, I have no idea what I'm doing until avant minutes when Andy I beg to run to the store to buy some ingredients. (And he still has quietly agreed.)

IMG_203

In the case of these rolls, I was in the mood for something tasty so I ran with it. We had some soup leftover lentils in the fridge in desperate need of something and cheese are rich expertise thwart any safety. I was Scheming for some time to use my dough for cinnamon favorite and jazz it up with savory ingredients- so it was the day!

Although filling options are endless, I am happy with fresh garlic and cheddar I filled these with. They are soft and mushy on the inside, with peaks and garlic and cheese chips in each crunchy bite. We have eaten on Saturday with soup, then froze the rest for a quick and easy snack. (They are great after being nuked for a minute, then curled in the toaster oven!)

IMG_2895

Print
garlic Cheddar Swirl Buns
Ingredients
dough:
  • ¾ cup milk
  • ¼ cup salted butter
  • 3¼ cups all purpose
  • 1 (0.25 ounce) package instant yeast
  • white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • water ¼ cup
  • 1 egg
fill
  • 2 tablespoons softened butter
  • 1½- 2 cups shredded cheddar
  • 5-7 cloves fresh garlic, minced
  • of freshly ground black pepper and salt sea ​​
Instructions
  1. heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from fire. Mix butter; stir until melted. Let cool
  2. In a large bowl, combine 2 ¼ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt .; whisk together. Add water, egg and milk mixture; beat well with an electric mixer. Add the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, using a wooden spoon to mix well after each addition. (The dough will be too thick and sticky to use mixers at this point.)
  3. When the dough has just pulled together, put it on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. (Dough will bounce light pressure.)
  4. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let stand for 10 minutes.
  5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle 12x9 inches. (Use your 9x13 baking dish as a guide.) Spread the butter evenly over the surface of the dough.
  6. evenly garlic in butter and add the cheese in an even layer. Sprinkle with fresh pepper and sea salt. Roll the dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls of equal size and place in a 9x13 baking dish
  7. Cover and let the rolls rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
  8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (10 degrees C).
  9. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm
Notes
Dough recipe adapted from :. All revenue

Advertiser