Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Maple Cornbread Waffles

Maple Cornbread Waffles -

waffles1

I'm so happy to welcome another great client today I enter the swing of things! (One month old babies sleep more in the end right?) The Stephanie Sweet Girl Versus Dough is here to share a breakfast, I can not wait to try. My crepe envy of pregnancy remained with me postpartum and these absolutely amazing sounds. Thank you very much Steph!

Hi, The Baker Chick readers! My name is Stephanie and I blog about baking bread and other adventures in Girl Versus Dough. I am so honored to be displayed on the site Audra beautiful so she can spend more time cuddling with her new little man. Hearing on travel Audra during pregnancy and reading the story of his amazing birth are very special and encouraging for me - for one, because my first meeting with Audra in person last July when his hump but was wee, and two, because I expect my own little one in May.

waffles2

This brings me to waffle. Because I was dying waffles like you would not believe all this pregnancy - crunchy fresh hot waffles house iron. With butter and syrup on top, of course. These maple cornbread waffles are my current favorites. . They are slightly sweet from a maple syrup infused pulp and cornmeal adds flavor and texture that I love

I ate these ways: with sweet toppings like butter mentioned above / syrup combo (and some fruits, health), savory toppings like a fried egg (three turkey chili beans Audra would AMAZE over these waffles, too), or simply. Directly from the refrigerator. At midnight (just kidding, I have not done yet ...).

waffles3

I mean homemade waffles really, when you have the taste of this delicious and can be topped with so many different delicious ingredients, you should not be pregnant to get serious cravings for them at any time. That's why I suggest you make a giant batch and freeze. - Just in case

Print
Maple Cornbread Waffles
Ingredients
  • flour 1 ¼ cups all-purpose
  • ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
  • ¼ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt coffee
  • 1 cup milk
  • ⅓ melted cup (slightly cooled) unsalted butter
  • ¼ pure maple syrup cup
  • 1 egg
Instructions
  1. heat a waffle iron and heat oven to 0 degrees F. in a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal,
  2. sugar, baking powder and salt until
  3. in a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter, maple syrup combined. and egg until combined. Add
  4. , the mixture of milk to the flour mixture; whisk until smooth
  5. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the waffle iron. close and cook 3 to 4 minutes until the waffle is crisp and golden. Transfer to a hob; place in oven heated to stay warm. Repeat with remaining dough
Notes
Adapted from :. Spoonful

Advertiser