Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Roasted Strawberry Pancakes

Roasted Strawberry Pancakes -

pancakes2

I was waiting for you in May for a few liters of these agricultural strawberries picked adorable tiny that make for the most delicious pastries . They came to New York later this year and I always seem to miss the Greenmarket. Finally Friday was my day! Just before the closure of my favorite products stand, I am my hands on two attic quarters of these little beauties and I knew a weekend berry-licious cooking was in my future. (You may to get two strawberry recipes that week hope you do not mind!)

pancakes

I been heard a lot about roasting strawberries as a way to release their natural juices and create a delicious caramelized flavor. I thought it would be fun to incorporate some of them into pancakes and he was sure! They were full of strawberry flavor, super light and fluffy, and topped with grilled over berries and lots of maple syrup - they are the best breakfast I've had in ages. Happy Monday !!

Print
roasted strawberries Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (or ½ cup of wheat flour paste and white ½)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon of canola oil
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • for windows:
  • 2½ cups sliced ​​and peeled strawberries
  • sugar to sprinkle
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven at 400F. Divide the berries evenly over a baking sheet of rimmed foil and sprinkle with sugar. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until the juices have been released and the berries are soft.
  2. Drain berries reserving juice. . Set aside
For the pancakes:
  1. Whisk together dry ingredients, then add the buttermilk, oil, egg and 2 tablespoons juice strawberry, whisking until well combined. Fold ¼ cup roasted strawberries.
  2. Pour the batter in a reversal stove buttered when the bubbles burst and the bottom is golden. Top with roasted strawberries and maple syrup.

Advertiser