Sunday, December 25, 2016

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies with sea salt

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies with sea salt -

You guys are OK with me displaying nothing but cookies for the next two weeks right? I mean, not really, but if it happens in my kitchen is a mirror of what is going to happen on my blog, ya'll gonna see lotsa cookies. So I hope that's cool :)

These particular cookies I made for a truly wonderful thing happened with the blogging community last week called Swap Great Food Blogger Cookie. Hundreds of foodie were dozens of witnesses and sent across the country to 3 affected bloggers. The image of all those thousands of biscuits floating around the country warms my heart a little!

When I'm trying to decide what kind of cookies to do, I thought what was most important was to pick up a sturdy elastic cookie who could resist get shipped across the country. Also, I had some wonderful toffee left over that I'm dying to bake in a cookie. So I jazzed shredders my favorite chocolate with a little chopped and added some caramel sea salt flakes. Yum!

In fact, I made another variety of cookies last week using M & Ms instead of caramel, and I must emphasize how to adapt this recipe! They reveal so amazing every time and are really my perfect biscuit. With all the creative experimental flavor combos seems I try, I always return to the classic chocolate chip cookie. The best right? And caramel and salt butter addition make it even more delicious.

PS Guess who is getting married in August 2012 25th? It feels so wonderful to have set a date!

Print
Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies with sea salt
Ingredients
  • 2 plus 2 cups c. all purpose flour
  • ½ c. baking soda
  • ½ c. salt
  • 12 c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm brown sugar
  • 1 cup packed
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • + 1 large egg 1 egg yolk
  • 2 c. vanilla extract
  • 1¼ semi-sweet chocolate chips cups
  • ½-3/4 cup chopped Toffee
  • * Optional: sea salt for sprinkling
Instructions
  1. Adjust oven racks in the upper and lower positions means. Preheat oven to 325 °. Line two parchment paper cookie sheets
  2. Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium bowl .; put aside.
  3. With an electric mixer, or by hand (I just used a whip) mixture of butter and sugar until completely combined. Beat the egg, yolk, and vanilla.
  4. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Stir nuggets of chocolate and caramel.
  5. run a half cup of dough little ball. Holding the ball of dough in the fingertips of both hands, separate into two equal halves. Rotate halves 0 degrees and, with jagged surfaces upwards, place formed the dough on a cookie sheet, leaving enough space between each ball.
  6. Sprinkle with sea salt.
  7. Cook, reversing the position halfway through baking sheets until the cookies are golden light and outer edges start to harden again the centers are still soft and puffy (about 11-14 minutes). Do not overcook.
  8. Cool cookies on sheets to be able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a rack to cool.

Adapted from Cooking Illustrated

Advertiser