Saturday, December 24, 2016

Chocolate "Rose" Cupcakes

Chocolate "Rose" Cupcakes -
MG_53081
Ok- confession: I watch The Bachelor completely. I'm a few years now and I love this "this show is so terrible that I think it entertatining" sort of way. Last Monday my friend Natalie was in town and came to my sister Nadia is a small viewing party. Nat is known for commetaries Bachelor hillarious she wrote on her blog, and we were in near nerves all the time. I seriously wish we could all watch together every week!
for the occasion (and since they are perfect for V-day), I thought I'd do a little "pink" cupcakes. dorkily I asked all the girls if they "please accept this rose, "and they would of course agreed. (Maybe I gave myself two pink so what?)
MG_53391
for these cupcakes I used my favorite chocolate cake bowl buttercream and vanilla bean. I had a few hours to whip these up so I wanted something easy. Pipe on the roses, I used a large tip # 1 Wilton star and departure in the center cupcake- channeled in a circular motion until I'm my pretty pink. You really about 5 seconds and look so pretty! Everyone was very impressed with my "roses" (which I guess are techinally called rosettes.) Let waypoint they ensure for a fresh breath of love feast.
PS I now demand that Ben will choose the model annoying in the end. I hate it but I think it's just dumb. :)
Print
Chocolate " Rose "Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • 1½ teaspoons baking soda
  • ¾ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • ¾ cup hot water
  • ¾ cup buttermilk
  • 3 tablespoons safflower oil (canola is also very good)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
for Frosting
  • 2 sticks of butter softened
  • 2½ cups powdered sugar
  • 2 c. vanilla bean paste or a pod length wise split vanilla (lately I'm all about the dough so-so easy.)
  • 2-6 tablespoons milk or cream
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard boxes paper cups muffins; put aside. Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, hot water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to ensure the dough is well mixed.
  2. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups, filling each ⅔ full. Bake until tops bounce to the touch, about 20 minutes, turning once pan if necessary. Transfer to a gate; cool completely.
For Frosting
  1. Beat butter and scraped vanilla with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add powdered sugar and beat well until mixture is thick and almost pasty. Add the extract and 1 tablespoon of milk / cream. Beat well. Slowly add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time if you think your frosting is too thick or too dry. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
Cupcake Recipe Martha Stewart

Advertiser