Sunday, January 1, 2017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Frosted Reindeer

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Frosted Reindeer -

Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies

I can not stop with you guys super party recipes. I'm just having too much fun with it! Also, miraculously, Hugo is a self-sufficient stage, happy to play by himself for huge chunks of time. (Yesterday he chased an empty coffee can around the apartment for almost 30 minutes!) This stage luck allowed me a long time to bake-these fun cookies being my latest project.

The first thing to note about these is that they are so good. Even without the fun and festive reindeer ears- decor is a shot of a soft biscuit with thick peanut butter and creamy chocolate frosting that makes them even better. It's the same recipe I used for Peanut Butter Cookies Chocolate football and I can guarantee that I will use it as a basic recipe again and again. It is by far my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe ever.

Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies

If you follow my instagram you may have noticed that I probed my disciples to see if they thought these cookies seemed a little ... .well ... .creepy. After watching for hours the little faces began to look a little off and I immediately thought that I should have used mini chocolate chips for eyes. Since then they have grown on me and I think the faces are cute, but mini chocolate chips can help their case. What do you think? These are just cute?

I brought anyway these cookies for a party / contest the weekend and they won! I was told that the best way to enjoy it is to break the wood and throw pretzels on Cookie- resulting in a crunchy bite, sweet and salty!

Print
frosted chocolate peanut butter cookies Reindeer
Ingredients
for the cookies:
  • ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ½ extract teaspoon vanilla
  • 1¼ cups flour purpose
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ teaspoons of cocoa bicarbonate
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar
  • 5 tablespoons sugar: soda
for the Frosting powder
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Chocolate Chips * M & Ms and pretzels broken antler pieces as for decoration
  • Instructions
    1. cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars until smooth. Beat the egg and vanilla.
    2. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined. (No meal streaks should be visible but not over mix!)
    3. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
    4. Preheat oven to 375F. Use a small cookie scoop to portion the dough into balls then Smush in over a triangle shape. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper 2 inches. (Leave room for the woods!)
    5. Bake for about 9 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Be careful not to overcook! Just after the withdrawal of the press oven pretzel timber in warm cookies to set
    For the Frosting :.
    1. Beat butter with powdered sugar (mixture can be dry.) Add vanilla and milk gradually until the frosting is smooth. Add the cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
    2. Frost cookies using an offset spatula, and place the chocolate chips and M & Ms to face reindeer!
    notes
    * I used regular chips, but mini chocolate can work even better!

    basic cookie recipe adapted recipes

    Advertiser