Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Magical One Pot Pasta

Magical One Pot Pasta -

pasta3

I do not know what is more magical than I am posting my first recipe since the birth of Fiona or the pasta. Both are pretty amazing if I do say so myself. It really is normal that the first recipe that I post as a mom of two is so ridiculously easy that I am able to do with a baby on my heels and a newborn in my arms. (Well, she was in a sling for my arm was free but still.) This is one of those recipes you just try for yourself to really see how cool it is, so I really hope you.

but first. I have two babies! We all hang out there, calculate our new routine, our new normal. Hugo loves Fiona, maybe a little too much, which was difficult to reign in management, but we are. I survived last month because my beautiful mom came for two weeks, cooked all our meals, cleaned, did the laundry, and gave me the most beautiful gift of help to relax and the link with the baby Fiona. Then I had the blessing of the food in my freezer that has made my life so much easier. Of course, if those failed and I had to start to determine what all the cooking, cleaning, toddler and newborn thing. This meal saved the day and I wish I had known about it earlier because it is really great.

pasta1

You see everything in this first photo? As with everything in this delicious dish? Just throw everything in a pot, cook for 10 minutes you are done. Yep. The pasta is cooking along side the onions, garlic, tomatoes, basil, etc. The pasta water mixes with all the other ingredients, absorbs in dried pasta and creates a fabulous saucy dish. Oh, and do not forget to top it off with a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese to make it even more wonderful.

Now, the original recipe from Martha Stewart is a little different, but I think it leaves some room to adapt. It calls for linguine, which is delicious, but difficult for Hugo to eat then I passed out. (Really all pasta would be good!) I also added chopped capers and artichokes which added a nice acidity with creamy parmesan and basil and tomatoes. What would you add? Well, I really do not know, but I want you to try things and tell me because I want to do this every day!

pasta2

Thank you for your patience as I transition back into blogging. More recipes coming soon, I promise!

Print
Magical One Pot Pasta
Ingredients
  • 12 ounces linguine or other pasta (I used gemini)
  • 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or in quarters if large
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced ​​
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes *
  • 2 sprigs of basil and torn leaves for garnish
  • 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
  • capers
  • ¼ cup
  • 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
  • coarse salt
  • freshly ground black
  • 4½ cups water
  • freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
Instructions
  1. in a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and more cheese.
  2. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil the mixture, stirring pasta and launch frequently with tongs or a fork until pasta is al dente and water has almost evaporated, about 9 minutes.
  3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and olive oil.
  4. Enjoy!
Notes
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart

* I'm super easy on the red pepper flakes for the love of Hugo, but this dish is fabulous with a little kick!

Advertiser