Monday, February 20, 2017

Banana Cupcakes with frosting swirled Two ways

Banana Cupcakes with frosting swirled Two ways -

IMG_58811

Since I blog for a year, I made a list of goals I would like cooking start the year # 2. the list includes: the mastery of a cake layer with a perfect smooth icing, determine Macarons (which I already did last night ...) blown chocolate and bakery style swirled on the icing. Now do not get me wrong, I'm a big fan of using piping bags to look beautiful on frosting cupcakes, but I just love that swirled rustic look that I see in bakery windows. (I tried and failed to do it at home several times.)

IMG_58761

When I saw a wonderful cupcake shop called Butter Lane offered a Groupon for a class cupcake frosting, I signed up immediately with my cooking buddy Melissa. The class has promised to give 6 easy frosting recipe and a tutorial swirling frosting. I must say it was a blast! (They teach this class regularly, so if you live in the New York area or are ever planning a visit- I highly recommend it!) The icing we did was amazing and the class ends with a fun little contest to see who was the best swirling and I won! :) My prize was a gift card for more than cupcakes I do not think I'm having trouble using.

IMG_5887

At the end of the class, we were sent home with leftover frosting and I could not wait to practice "swirling." But first, of course, I need something to practice to So I whip my little favorite Banana cakes and paired with cinnamon and chocolate peanut butter frosting flavors. The soft cake and creamy frosting paired perfectly together, and these classic flavors were just for the simple turbulence. As much as I love fantasy Piped frosting on special cupcakes- I think I found my new go-to design!

Downloads1

ps- I want to share the technique of "swirling" ALL- with you but I'm not sure how to take pictures. Is a video tutorial of intrest? If I plan to do so-that happening soon!

Print
Banana Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • ½ cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs room temperature
  • 1 extract teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
  • ¼ cup buttermilk
  • flour 2 cups all-purpose
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder coffee
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. in large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk and beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy and. (The dough can be lumpy.)
  2. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture and mix until just combined. (Do not over mix.)
  3. Fill 18 muffin baking paper about ⅔ of the way complete.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove wire racks to cool completely.

Print
Chocolate Peanut butter glaze
Ingredients
  • 3 sticks of butter
  • 2 oz cream cheese
  • 2 cups sugar 1 ice splash of vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup peanut butter
  • 6 oz chocolate melted bittersweet
Instructions
  1. mix the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and mix on medium speed for 5 min. Add the melted chocolate and mix for one minute. While mixing at low speed add sugar. Once combined, add a touch of vanilla extract and mix on medium high speed for 3 minutes, or until smooth and fully combined consistency. Stir in peanut butter until incorporated.

Print
cream cinnamon cheese Icing
Ingredients
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • cream cheese 8 ounces
  • 4 cups icing sugar
  • 1 splash of vanilla extract
  • ¼-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon coffee (depending on the strength you want that it.)
Instructions
  1. mix the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and mix to speed average for 5 min. While mixing at low speed add sugar. Once combined, add extract a touch of vanilla and cinnamon, and mix on medium high speed for 3 minutes, or until smooth and fully combined consistency.

cupcake recipe adapted from: Allrecipes, frosting recipes from: Butter Lane

Advertiser