Friday, February 17, 2017

Blueberry Cream Pie

Blueberry Cream Pie -

I expressed in this post my struggle to find refreshing summer dessert. Of course, there is always ice cream, sorbet, or just fruit, but I speak bakery desserts. Now it's really hard for me to turn my oven on all these days, my kitchen is too far from the 3 A / C units in the apartment to get really cool. When I turn it on, I try to leave the kitchen as fast as I can to avoid standing in a stuffy room of misery. Fortunately, all I had to do for this beauty was pop in for 30-40 minutes while I worked on the wedding crafts in the cool room. :)

IMG_8196

Reasons I love this pie:
1-It is incredibly easy to do. 2- It is served cold which makes super refreshing on a hot day. 3 It could be adapted to a number of fruits and berries, making it my new go to pie recipe.

IMG_82151

Make this pie is that simple, start with your favorite non baked pie crust. (Recipe for mine below.) Stir in 3 cups fresh blueberries, top with the "cream" mixture which is basically just the cream, sugar, a little flour and in this case, the lemon zest. (If I do it with peaches later in the summer, I think I'll use the cinnamon instead.) Then bake the pie, let it cool a few hours to relax, he is ready to be devoured. The original recipe suggested let cool in the refrigerator overnight, but as I have already recognized how much I hate the steps at night, I stuck it in the freezer for 2 hours in the refrigerator for an hour or until it is ready to be eaten. It was gooey, berry perfection.

IMG_82411

Print
Blueberry Cream Pie
Ingredients
  • ½ pie crust recipe (1 single crust)
  • 3 cups fresh blueberries.
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • ⅔ cup sugar
  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • zest 1 lemon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Roll dough to pie ¼ inch thick. Draped over the pie plate and trim the edges, crimping as desired.
  3. Pour the blueberries in raw shell.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the fruit and place the pie plate on a baking sheet in the case where the filling bubbles over.
  5. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let the tart cool completely, then chill in the refrigerator or freezer. Best served cold.

Crust Martha Stewart. Pie adapted from Taylor takes a taste

Advertiser