Friday, February 17, 2017

{Monday} Milk Bar Grasshopper Pie

{Monday} Milk Bar Grasshopper Pie -

IMG_75291

Milk Bar Hooray it's Monday again! (I do not know what is? Well this is the bi-weekly challenge where a group of my favorite gourmet cook our way through the incredible Momofuku Milk Bar Cookbook.) Either way- Milk Bar Monday the creation of this week is mint and chocolate lovers dream. Imagine this- butter graham cracker crust, layer of mint cheesecake swirled with fudge brownies topped with roasted marshmallows and mint glaze. Woah right? Yeah this pie did not last long in my hands.

IMG_74791

Because I knew it would be super rich cake and fudge, I decided to make half the recipe and use my mini-dish pie cute. I do not have a party or event to do this, so I thought I had a full size cheesecake / brownie-esque pie would be my half-assed-pre-wedding diet and I could manage. So ... I made a mini! (Because of this, my pie looks somewhat condensed and disproportionate, but I'm sure it was just as good as the full size version.)

IMG_75461

Compared other revenues that we discussed the book Christina Tosi, it was actually very easy. The whole pie could be assembled at a time (no crumbs or crunches to prep first), and it cooks in just 25 minutes. Now- consumer a unique part of this process is the need to cool the bottom pie before cutting and serving. It really should be chilled overnight to settle for filling completely, but I learned the hard way. I thought for an hour or two of freezing time would be good, and so the first piece that I cut oozed like a gooey mess. Fortunately, I am able to go softly all together, freeze at night and wake up to a perfectly regulated pie. Phew!

For this recipe fudge deliciousness- visit Nicole Sweet peony. Consult pies made by my other Milk Bar Monday gals!

Krissy Krissy creations
Big Fat Erin Baker
Cassie Bake Your Day

Advertiser