Thursday, February 16, 2017

Blueberry Ice Cream

Blueberry Ice Cream -

IMG_8618

If there were a prize for the most beautiful color of a desert, I miss this cream blueberry ice would win the hand. This beautiful purple hue is totally natural ripe berries and cream. After making these muffins, I still had a lot of berries left, and as they were organic and plump, I knew I had to make a special recipe.

I am a bit sad that the season of ice cream is almost over, so I thought I go out in style with this lovely treat. It is simple as can throw together, and it churns up so perfectly. If I do this again, I will add a touch of Grand Marnier as I think it would send it on top. Instead, a hint of vanilla enhances the flavor.

IMG_850

Not even ice cream maker? I really could not recommend it. There is something so satisfying churning (and eat) ice cream that you make from fresh ingredients. You do not need an expensive machine to do the trick either. I use my cheap one for over a year, and it works like a dream. (There are ways to make ice cream without a manufacturer as well, although I personally never tryed.)

PS-2 weeks and I'll be a married woman! :)

Print
Blueberry Ice Cream
Ingredients
[blueberries
  • 2 cups picked up on
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • 2½ half cups and a half
  • ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. in a saucepan put the blueberries, sugar and salt to a boil medium heat, patch bays and stirring with a fork. Simmer, stirring often, for 5 minutes to cool slightly. In a blender puree mixed with half and half. Add vanilla.
  2. Chill mixture, covered, overnight. (I really think it is important to cool the time. Makes a great differene.)
  3. Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden. Ice cream can be made 1 week in advance.

Magazine Gourmet Recipe adapted FROM-

Advertiser