Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Cheddar Scones Apple

Cheddar Scones Apple -

Apple Cheddar Scones

We are at this point of the year when freshly picked apples bags seem to be everywhere I look and I can not get enough. Apples are one of my absolute favorite things to cook with and I have many delicious recipes up my sleeve in the coming weeks from these amazing scones. Does apple and cheddar seem like an odd combo for you? I must admit that at first I was a little unsure about this sweet and savory pairing, but the man is amazing! Since these scones do not have spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to highlight the apple you really get huge fresh apple flavor bursts with tasty salinity subtlest cheese. It is a match made in heaven.

Apple Cheddar Scones

has time turned lively in your neck of the woods? Here in New York we had the most glorious weekend of autumn-like weather and I just love it. These scones just scream and fall I intend to make them again for an autumn brunch on the theme once I get to my new place. They are the perfect amount of sweet and savory and hot from the oven, I can not think of anything better to cozy on the couch with tea cup in hand with a good book. (Though lately, I do not read many more books on birth..can you blame me?) Fall is here guys you heard it here first !!!

Print
Apple Cheddar Scones
Ingredients
  • 2 tart apples farms (I used Johnny Mac) peeled, cored and cut into chunks.
  • 1½ cups (6.75 ounces) all-purpose flour
  • ¼ cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
  • ½ tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed ½ inches
  • ½ cheddar cup grated (I used white, yellow cheddar would also good but can change the color of scones)
  • ¼ cup heavy cream
  • 2 large eggs
Instructions
  1. Position a rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 375 ° F. sheet of paper baking parchment or online silpat.
  2. apple pieces placed in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until slightly browned and soft. Let them cool completely. (I threw mine into a bowl, then stuck it in the freezer as I am ready everything else.) Allow the oven.
  3. Sift or mix flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Put aside.
  4. Put the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with a spatula * and cooled pieces of apple, grated cheese, cream and one egg. Start the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix just until the dough together- Do not over mix.
  5. Turn the dough onto a well-floured counter and using floured hands to form the dough into a circle 6 inches (about 1¼ inches thick) of the cutting circle into 6 wedges. Transfer to the baking sheet covered with a new sheet of parchment paper. Leave at least 2 inches between each scone.
  6. Beat remaining egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Brush the scones with the egg wash and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake until firm and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to eat hot!
Notes
* If you do not have a stand mixer, a hand blender would work quite as .

These scones are wonderful on the day they are miss we had some leftover scones the next morning for breakfast and they were great too, but cooler.

Recipe adapted sentence: Smitten Kitchen via The Perfect Finish

Advertiser