Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Eggnog home

Eggnog home -
Homemade Egg Nog

Earlier this week, I share my like the nog. Although I am a big fan of things, I do not like all the syrup chemicals and corn found in the store bought kind. (I know there are organic things there, but my shop does not sell.) So I thought it would be a good idea to understand how to do it from scratch since I like to complicate things as it.

now, before you guys start getting all protests ahead on things raw egg, I must emphasize that this is * * cooked hen house. I do not like the idea of ​​raw eggs than you. However, this recipe is cooked to 0 degrees so that all the bacteria are killed and it is safe to drink. After that, all you have to do is relax for a few hours and you are good to go. Let me tell you that taste better than anything you can find in the store! I used low-fat milk and was still creamy and delicious. I also add my own vanilla and spices that is good for me since I love super spicy to start. In all I am very happy discovery. Enjoy !!

Homemade Eggnog

Print
Homemade Eggnog
Ingredients
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 2 extract c vanilla
  • ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg, or to taste *
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • 4 cups skim milk
  • 2 oz brandy or bourbon, to serve (optional)
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until all the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
  2. In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the milk, vanilla and spices and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg mixture and sugar. Then, go back into the pan and cook until the mixture reaches 0 degrees F. Remove from heat and pour over a fine sieve into a container / jug / bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill.
  3. .
  4. Pour into glasses, add the liqueur, if desired, and sprinkle with additional nutmeg to serve.
notes
* If not using freshly grated nutmeg, you may want to use more nutmeg
nutritional information
portion :. 8 servings

Adapted from Baking Bites

Advertiser