Saturday, February 4, 2017

Peppermint Patty Cupcakes

Peppermint Patty Cupcakes -

peppermint patty2

Hey guys guess what? This is my first post something I cooked after having a baby! I'm damn proud of me. (Although I really can not thank my brother-in-law whose visit last week is probably how I present it.) Anyway I'm a mom now (!!!) and find time to cook things usually involves Fingers crossed that Hugo still sleeping in his little chair while I try to make things happen in the kitchen. So far I think maybe * * I can actually keep this cooking / blogging thing-but every day brings new changes and challenges that you never know.

peppermint patty

I love these cookies because they are full of flavors of one of my favorite peppermint candies- mint patties! Not only is an oven right in the center of the cupcake, but the creamy icing, dark chocolate cake and sweets on top make all this in the dream of a chocolate-mint-lover. I thought my sweet tooth would dissipate after pregnancy, but no chance. (Which lose my baby weight a challenge.) Let waypoint I devoured this cupcake and feel so good to be back in the saddle! Hopefully I'll have a lot of other delicious recipes in the coming weeks- anyway, thank you for your patience! :)

Print
Peppermint Patty Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons black soup cocoa powder
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup water
  • ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 24 peppermint patties
for Frosting:
  • 1½ sticks of butter softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1-2 tablespoons milk
  • ⅛ tsp of peppermint extract
  • a few drops of green food coloring
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard boxes paper cups muffins; put aside.
  2. Mix the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to ensure the dough is well mixed.
  3. Fill each liner small midway with cake batter. Top with a peppermint patty, then with another spoonful of batter to end up at about ⅔ of the way complete. Bake until tops bounce when touched, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a gate; cool completely.
For the Frosting
  1. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter until smooth and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until the mixture is almost dry and crumbly. Add the extract, food coloring, then milk, a little at a time until the icing is smooth, creamy and spreadable.
  2. pipe or spread the frosting over the cupcakes and top with a peppermint patty.

Advertiser