Sunday, February 5, 2017

Lemon Rosemary white bean dip

Lemon Rosemary white bean dip -

dip2

This is the week of the Super Bowl and my mind is on food fun party. Today is good health that is so easy and delicious, it made an appearance and just about every football or other fun gathering I host. Have you ever taken a nosedive with white beans? It is much creamier than hummus in my opinion, just as full of protein, and so adaptable and delicious. While my guests usually rely on me to have a selection of delectable treats available, I always want to be a gap of well-rounded party, which is a long time favorite.

dip

This is my favorite version, loaded with fresh rosemary, lemon and just a touch of garlic. It is amazing with almost all the object- dippable I love pretzels with most, but of course the work too crunchy vegetables. Rosemary not your favorite herb? I did this with basil and thyme, and with great success and more garlic so when I'm in the mood for it. A food processor or blender thrown together this dip take a few minutes and it tastes even better after sitting in the fridge for a day. I do not anticipate hosting many part Superbowl this year, but fortunately it is damn easy, I can have any old time I want!

Print
white Bean Lemon Rosemary Dip
Ingredients
  • 2 8 oz cans white beans (great northern, cannellini, navy beans, etc.) rinsed and drained
  • 2 large sprigs of rosemary, alleging rod
  • ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
  • 1 clove garlic
  • juice and zest of half a lemon
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste as desired.
  2. Serve cold or room, drizzle with extra olive oil if desired.

Advertiser