Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Pumpkin Chewy Cookies oatmeal

Pumpkin Chewy Cookies oatmeal -

pumpkinoatmeal3

Ok- so I made a day not post something fall on the subject but I seriously could not wait one more day to share this recipe with you. Sometimes a cookie is so incredibly delicious that it deserves front and center spotlight as soon as possible. These pumpkin cookies oat gum are exactly that crispy on the edges, soft and fluffy in the centers, and responsible for all delicious pumpkin and spices that make fall the best time of the year. (On that note, I think we finally are in the real autumn weather makes me so happy. I am a human oven these days and last 83 weeks and wet was not done for me.)

pumpkinoatmeal2

I love pumpkin cakes, muffins, breads etc, but I've never been able to find a pumpkin cookie that is cookie-like cake like. Sometimes, as in the whoopie pies, I was going for a cakey texture fluffy, but I still want the variety of a cookie that has crisp edges and a soft center. I was surprised when they came out of the oven and I had the first bite to the way the texture was perfect. I was as surprised as I tried my second, third and fourth cookie. I really could not stop eating them!

pumpkinoatmeal

There are a lot of mix-in options for these chocolate chip cookies-, toffee bits, Reasons, dried cranberries, etc. I chose to use my favorite cooking ingredient- cinnamon chips and some white chocolate chips. I know that cinnamon chips are not the easiest thing to find, but I highly recommend you just order whatever King Arthur Flour (the ones I use and love, a bag me months lasted) or you can get the Hershey cinnamon chips on Amazon (or in some grocery stores.) fleas I use kind of burst during cooking, leaving small pockets of cinnamon throughout, but I think that those of Hershey are the more traditional texture of the chip. Soit- waypoints make these your own with whatever mix-ins you like- but I these cookies are amazing!

Print
Chewy pumpkin oatmeal cookies
Ingredients
  • flour 2 cups all-purpose
  • 1½ cup oats old
  • 1 c. baking soda
  • 2 c. ground cinnamon
  • ¾ c. ground ginger
  • ¼ c. nail ground cloves
  • ¼ c. grated nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,
  • light brown sugar 1 cup
  • 1 cup of granulated sugar packed softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
  • 1 pumpkin puree cup
  • 1 cinnamon cup chips *
  • ½ white chocolate chips cup
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or sil-pat and put aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, spices and salt.
  3. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer,) cream the butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined and smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree.
  4. The low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips.
  5. Use a teaspoon to tablespoon of cookie dough cookie on your sheets prepared, 2-3 inches. Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. (I baked mine full 16 minutes because I wanted crispy edges.)
  6. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
notes
* As I mentioned above, cinnamon chips are great in this recipe, but other chips, nuts, dried fruit can, but put out. I would say that total 2 cups of mix-ins would be perfect

Recipe slightly adapted from Annie Eats via My Baking Addiction

Advertiser