Monday, June 20, 2016

Pumpkin filled Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies [

Pumpkin filled Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies [ -

IMG_9555

I posted on the facebook page of Baker Chick yesterday how I had many cooking failures this week. Nothing more annoying for me to mess up my kitchen and have high hopes for something delicious to end up with dirty dishes and a flop. I know it's all part of the learning process, but it is so much more satisfying when the recipes work right the first time?

anyway, luckily for me, after two attempts pumpkin macaroons outlet, and filling for failed-made and ready to go, I knew I had to improvise. The creamy filling just waiting to be part of a cookie creation, so something else would have to intervene to temper macaron shells. I was reminded of this classic recipe I Snickerdoodle last attempt midsummer when my hot kitchen hated me. Fortunately now, it is crispy outside and cooking a lot of them do makes things more comfortable.

May I say how pleased I am that the plan A does not work? I'm sure the pumpkin macarons were to die, but this combination was wonderful. The biscuits soft cinnamon-y were perfect with creamy filling of pumpkin-cheesecake-esque. They just tasted like everything I want in the dessert hot spices, Autumn pumpkin and a perfectly crisp edge. The name of these cookies is only my friends and family go crazy for them. Prepare to "ooh" and "ah" after your first bite. They are really the sky. My best mistake again!

Print
Pumpkin filled Snickerdoodle Sandwich cookies
Ingredients
  • 1⅓ cups all purpose
  • ½ c. cream of tartar
  • ½ c. baking soda
  • ⅛ c. salt
  • ½ unsalted room temperature buttermilk cup
  • ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
  • for rolling:
  • Sugar
  • ¼ cup
  • 2 c. cinnamon
  • pumpkin filling :.
  • cream 4oz cheese softened
  • 2 tablespoons softened butter
  • sugar 2 cups sifted powdered
  • ¼ pumpkin puree cup
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ⅛ teaspoon of ginger
  • ⅛ nutmeg teaspoon
  • clove pinch
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. plate line biscuits with parchment or a Silpat. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
  2. cream butter and sugar on medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
  3. Add flour mixture in two batches, making sure the first is incorporated before adding the second. Stop when the second batch is fully combined.
  4. Chill dough for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. When the dough is cool enough to handle, roll balls of dough ½ inch into the mix. Place on the cookie sheets about 2 inches.
  5. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool sheets on a rack for a few minutes, then transfer cookies directly on the racks to let them finish cooling
For filling :.
  1. Cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. add powdered sugar one cup at a time until the mixture is thick and well combined. Stir in pumpkin and spices
To assemble :.
  1. Match cookies and similar size pipes or filling spread between them. Cookies last in the refrigerator up to a week

Cookie Recipe adapted from :. The Cookiepedia Adimando by Stacy
adapted filling: Baking Addiction Sally

Advertiser