Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sour Cream Strawberry Ice Cream

Sour Cream Strawberry Ice Cream -

IMG_7987

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade right? Well, when your sister gives you a quart of strawberries she Hand-picked from a farm on Long Island, you're doing something delicious. I mean, you just have to. I wanted to do something that really let the brilliance of ripe and juicy berries, so instead of cooking in something, I thought ice cream would be perfect.

IMG_7952

This excellent recipe is from my "Ice Cream Guru" David Lebovitz. (Duh.) I always check his book before looking elsewhere for the recipes I always find an ideal starting ground. In addition, 10 or so I tried- they always look perfectly. It makes me reluctant to deviate too far.

Now I know what you have been thinking for the last two paragraphs ... Sour Cream Ice Cream? Weird right? Well, let me tell you he is the best secret ingredient to highlight berry flavors and lend a perfect creamy texture. It does not take the least "sour" but rather sweet and refreshing. This recipe is a must for

IMG_7999

Print
Strawberry Sour Cream Ice these hot summer months cream
Ingredients
  • 1 pound of fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • vodka 1 tablespoon or kirsch (optional)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Instructions
  1. Slice strawberries and place them in a medium bowl with the sugar and vodka or kirsch, if using. Stir until the sugar begins to dissolve and all the strawberries are coated. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
  2. Pulse strawberries and liquid with sour cream, cream and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until almost smooth, but slightly thicker.
  3. Refrigerate for at least an hour or until completely cooled. Freeze in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. David recommends eating when freshly churned and I agree. If you want it a little more difficult to freeze as long as you want, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before the excavation.

Recipe :. The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz

Advertiser