Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cinnamon Banana Bread Scones filled

Cinnamon Banana Bread Scones filled -

scones

Although I am not the biggest fan of breakfast, (I am better, ) I have never failed to express my love for brunch. I feel like love brunch is a must while living in New York- as "brunch" weekend is something we New Yorkers can not get enough of. mimosas or Bloody Marys Unlimited? Eggs Benedict? All before 13 hours? Yes please! Although I still can not eat behind the moment I wake up, I always eat at noon.

IMG_3076

I found myself quite hungry few weekends ago- the Midi anything in mind to cook, but a bunch of ripe bananas are dying to use. I had the idea of ​​banana scones, wondering if I could find a good recipe to be fast enough to eat in minutes. Fortunately for me, I discovered what appeared to be a nice recipe Heather Christo Cooks. I made some changes, and decided that a cinnamon sticky filling seemed a little wonder, then also added.

IMG_3080

I made my pretty huge scones, and actually ended up cutting into small corners later, so I can freeze for the perfect party snack medium. As you may have noticed- I'm really into the freezing leftovers for the time I can not give them. It works great! (I plan to do this again for Easter brunch, and I doubt I'll have leftovers that time.)

Bananas keep the texture of these super scones sweet and tender, not like stereotypical "hard rock" scones. They were both right out of the oven as they were a few days later, thawed from the freezer! Plus- Andy (who tried all I never did) pretended these scones were his favorite of all time ... who said something good?

scones2

PS I'm signed and ready for my cooking class macaroon in Paris! I will learn the art of macaron-age in just a short week! I am so excited to learn a lot and share it all with you when I get back !!

Print
Banana cinnamon filled Bread Scones
Ingredients
Scones:
  • 2 cups flour
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
  • ½ banana puree cup
  • 3 T buttermilk
  • 1 egg, beaten
fill
  • 3 tablespoons melted buttermilk
  • ⅔ cup brown sugar
  • 1½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper or a Silpat.
  2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the dry ingredients. Add the cold butter and pulse until crumbly. (Butter pieces should be pea-sized)
  3. In a measuring cup glass combine buttermilk, banana and egg and mix with a fork. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and pulses in short bursts until the dough comes together.
  4. Put the dough on a floured surface and gently form into two equal disks. Spread the mixture of cinnamon on one disc, and place the other on top.
  5. Carefully cut the dough into pieces and transfer to a baking sheet.
  6. bake scones at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy hot
For filling: ..
  1. Mix melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
notes
Recipe adapted from Heather Christo Cooks

Advertiser