Friday, July 22, 2016

Corn Cookies (Milk Bar Bonus!)

Corn Cookies (Milk Bar Bonus!) -

IMG_81241

I know I do a lot of statements about the baked goods being my favorite . I probably named my favorite cake, brownie and cookie and then renamed. But no matter how many times I do it, I will still try something new and swears he is really the one the best treatment most delicious I've ever had.

Well friends, I can say without doubt that of all the recipes we've done so far of The Milk Bar Cookbook, this is by far my favorite. Yes- this ugly yellow cookie was more delicious to me than all the layers, sticky, complex things we tried. Now do not get me wrong, those were all really wonderful, but I eat cookies every day if I could ... they are just as delicious. Salty, rich, soft and sweet, with the most complex flavor sweet-corn.

You may be wondering why I post without my girls on a Friday, but I can explain. These cookies are part of the crust of a pie that we will all be posting Monday. I could try this cookie at Milk Bar actual last few months, and I loved him so much that I thought it deserved a post of its own. However good this cookie is an ingredient of a crust, it is even better all on its own.

IMG_81051

This recipe is one of the easier and basic I tried Christina Tosi and would be a great first try! No creaks, no crumbs and no multiple components are required. Now you need to order / find a special ingredient that is freeze-dried corn. I could get it at Whole Foods, but I know it is also available on Amazon. Running the corn through a blender, grind it into a fine powder that really permeates these cookies with a strong flavor of sweet corn in every bite.

My brother-in-law said this was in the top 3 of cookies he ever had. And he ate a lot of cookies to say something good?

Have a great weekend and stay tuned for more Milk Bar on Monday!

Print
cookies corn (Milk Bar Bonus!)
Ingredients
  • 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1⅓ cups? flour (I recommend the bread flour if you have it. Otherwise AP will work.)
  • ¼ cup corn flour *
  • ⅔ cup of corn lyophilized powder **
  • ¾ powder teaspoon of bicarbonate
  • ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1½ teaspoons of salt
Instructions
  1. Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and medium-high heat cream for 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape the bowl, add the egg and beat for 7-8 minutes. The mixture should double in size and become light and fluffy.
  2. Reduce speed of mixer and add soft flour, corn flour, corn powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until the dough comes together, no more than 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.
  3. Using an ice cream scoop 2¾-ounce portion of dough on parchment paper baking sheet. Pat the tops of flat cookie dough domes. Wrap the pan of the sheet in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 week. Do not bake your cookies from room temperature -. They will not cook well
  4. Heat oven to 350 ° F
  5. Place the chilled dough a minimum of 4 inches or parchment. silpat lined sheet pans. Bake for 14-18 minutes. The puff cookies, cracked, and spread. After cooking, they should be slightly browned around the edges but still bright yellow in the center; otherwise give them an extra minute.
  6. Cool cookies completely on sheet pans before transferring them on a plate or an airtight container for storage. At room temperature, the cookies keep fresh for 5 days; in the freezer, they will keep for 1 month.
Notes
If you can not find corn flour, substitute ¼ cup flour and 2 tsp. corn powder
* Make the gel dried corn grinding corn powder in blender or food.

The recipe Momofuku Milk Bar Cookbook

Advertiser