Sunday, August 21, 2016

Magic Bars

Magic Bars -

IMG_9389

It is possible that you have seen these bars before. I think they are quite popular. They have other names like Hello Dolly bars or 7 layer bars, but I think Bars Magic made the most sense. I mean is not it about the magic you can create a delicious treat and decadant without having to do much work at all? Seriously, I liked these bars for centuries, but I do not know how simple they really are.

IMG_9353

Whipping a batch of these delicious nice-host bar is so easy, that most novice "non-baker" there could easily defeat them. I do not even really want to consider cooking a skill you need to do this. No baking soda or powder or flour. No actual quantities to stick to, and an infinite amount of creative freedom. It is as simple as mixing cookie crumbs with butter and sugar, baking the crust for 10 minutes and then just throw everything else above this. Simple.

IMG_9375

This recipe usually contains nuts, but since I married a "bakery-products of nuts-ruine-" Man, I jumped them. I ' I added butterscotch chips, but you can also add M & Ms, white chocolate, peanut butter chips or more. so many options. this way, they taste a bit like Samoa, but much easier . Take pleasure :)

Note :. for crust, do any kind of cookie I had leftovers Wafers Vanilla and chocolate biscuits in the freezer and used them. Graham crackers or other wafer biscuits are good too!)

Print
magic bars
Ingredients
  • 3 cups ground biscuit crumbs
  • 1 to 1½ sticks of butter, melted
  • sugar ¼ cup
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 chip chocolate cup
  • 1 cup chips caramel
  • 1½ sweet cup coconut grated
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a quarter of a sheet pan (or flat 9x13 cooking) with parchment paper.
  2. Place cracker crumbs in a bowl and mix the sugar and 1 stick of butter. (I find that the stick was enough for me, but if your add remaining mixture seems dry.) Mixture of press the crust into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes or until firm .
  3. Let crust cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes, then sprinkle the chocolate chips and caramel top. Pour condensed milk evenly over chips and top with coconut. Bake for 15 minutes or until the coconut gets grilled. Let bars cool completely, then cut into squares.

adapted recipe from Martha Stewart

Advertiser