Monday, August 22, 2016

Tart Frozen Yogurt

Tart Frozen Yogurt -

IMG_84551

If you live almost anywhere you have probably caught wind of fro-yo trend. Here in New York, it seems to have started a few years ago when the first Rose Berry arose in Korea Town. I remember making it a part of my daily routine to swing by this area for a cup of yogurt creamy pie loaded with toppings. Over the years, this yogurt pie style is everywhere, from my cellar area, a food truck, coffee from Bloomingdales. (Which in my opinion is the best in the city.) I now want my yogurt toppings without all-the taste of it is so good!

Thus, it is only a matter of time before I tried to do this treatment at home. Of course, I arrived with my proven David Lebovitz to see what was in store. Naturally, it was a recipe in his book and it seemed pretty simple to do there and so I went for it. A few hours later- I had the most delicious, creamy, tart frozen yogurt made from scratch! It was a summer dessert dream come true

IMG_84591

Note :. Freshly churned the fro-yo is creamy, sweet and delicious. After 3-4 hours in the freezer, it was still creamy and soft. Night though, it was pretty hard rock and needed to be left out 20 minutes before the excavation. :)

Print
Tart Frozen Yogurt
Ingredients
  • 3 cups plain whole milk yogurt. (I used Greek yogurt that made the additional rich and creamy yogurt.)
  • ½-1 cup of sugar. (To really pie yogurt- use ½ cup. If you love your Sweet-add 1 cup yogurt.)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Mix yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate for one hour.
  2. Freeze in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Enjoy freshly churned or after paying a little more in the freezer

Recipe adapted :. The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz

Advertiser