Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Banana Cake Nu

Banana Cake Nu -

NakedCake1

Sometimes I realize that cooking can be like the art I so enjoy creating (and then eat!) Recently I discovered the rustic simplicity that is a naked cake and I can not get enough. What is a "naked cake" you ask? Well, it is simple enough is what it is. It is a layer cake without frosting hassle outside. Sometimes they are left completely bare, but the way I fell in love with them is a super thin layer of frosting around the outside- leaving clearly visible layers.

NakedCake3

what is amazing about a naked cake is that they are really a clean slate to decorate any way you choose . I like the look of flowers on them, how perfect for a wedding, shower, baptism etc? I am also happy to do a little garni berries or even drippy, gooey caramel. Really decorating options are endless. The options for cake frosting flavors and also leave a lot to your imagination, like almost any combo might work. I have my mind set on making a with fresh berries layered between the cake and frosting- it would not be beautiful?

NakedCake2

I know I have not cut into this cake for photos to really show the texture of the cake. (I could not bear to serve other than in its full beauty), but man oh man is this fabulous banana cake. It is the lightest, fluffiest banana cake I ever made and I know he is the new standard recipe for banana cake everything in my future. Light and fluffy cake paired with creamy frosting is just a match made in heaven.

What do you think of this naked cake trend? Do you want a step by step tutorial on making them?

Print
Naked Banana cake
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup butter softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3 Eggs room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¾ cup buttermilk- room temperature
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas Ii has this in 2 large bananas)
  • 2½ cups all purpose
  • ½ teaspoon salt coffee
  • ½ teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
for the Frosting:
  • 12 oz of cream cheese, softened
  • 8 oz butter, softened
  • 1 tablespoon bean paste coffee or vanilla extract
  • 4 cups sugar powder
Instructions
  1. Preheat over to 375F. Prepare your cake pans by greasing, dusting with flour and lining with a round of parchment. Put aside. (I used 3 6inch pans for this cake, thinner layer in a pan 8 or 9 inches would work too.)
  2. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in buttermilk and bananas until well combined.
  3. In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add them to the batter and beat on low, stirring until almost combined, finishing mixing by hand, making sure not to over mix the dough.
  4. Divide batter evenly among the 3 pans, 20- and cook 25 minutes, or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool before removing from the molds and glaze
For the Frosting :.
  1. Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, a little at a time until the icing is smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar if you want a stiffer icing texture
Notes
Adapted from :. All revenue

Advertiser