Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sweet Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Sweet Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies -

Soft Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies

This article was originally published in September 2012. I am republishing / update this 10/2015, with new images, and some minor updates to recipes.

The man cookies, they are one of the most popular recipes on this site and for good reason. They are just.so.good. Learning to redo this week was such a great reminder of how much I love these them. We have a pumpkin cookie that is crisp on the edges but still soft and fluffy in the middle, loads of hot spices and cheese cream frosting cream. The smell of their cooking is pure heaven and filled the house with all the spices and smells that you want this time of year. I had far too many of them. As I caught "eating for two" to a whole new level. But you know I had just to keep sampling to ensure that they are still good, you know?

Soft Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies

This recipe is one I have dreamed for a while: a pumpkin cookie that is crisp on the edges but still soft and fluffy in the middle, loads of hot spices cinnamon and creamy frosting. All these flavors together may have been my favorite cookie ever, but I know I think a lot.

Soft Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies

This cookie dough meets in no time and you can make the glaze while they are cooling. Since these cookies are thicker than most, they seem like a dessert more important than most cookies, which means they are perfect for a last minute treat for a party or company. In Fact I made these when my mother was visiting and we were having dinner at the apartment of my sister who was next door (at the time). She mentioned that I might do something for dessert, and when she returned to my sister came over 15 minutes later, they were already in the oven and my room smelled like heaven. They were a huge hit with my family and I hope you like them too!

Print
soft Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Ingredients
for the cookies:
  • 2½ cups all purpose
  • 1 teaspoon of powdered bicarbonate
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon nutmeg coffee
  • ½ ground cloves teaspoon
  • ½ teaspoon salt coffee
  • ½ cup softened butter
  • 1 ½ cup white sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the Frosting:
  • ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • ½ cup softened cream cheese
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 c. vanilla extract (or vanilla paste if you fancy)
Instructions
For the cookies:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; put aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and ½ cup of white sugar. Add the pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until smooth. Slowly mix the dry ingredients. Place on a cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly with floured fingers (dough will be sticky.)
  3. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are set and just turning gold
For Icing :.
  1. butter and cream cheese together. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Add vanilla and blend on high.
  2. When cookies are cooled- spread frosting on top with an offset spatula.

recipe adapted from: All revenue

Advertiser